56.3 KB · Views: 323
OP
OP
BttleDiggerDrew

BttleDiggerDrew

Aug 12, 2010
Rockland County, NY
sodetraveler said:
Those look like a mix of 1920's to perhaps 1950's bottles. Did you find any BIMALs mixed in with the ABMs?

I may have a few, where I go bottle diggin' is relatively tough due the extremely rockiness of the terrain and the extreme temp. fluctuations. In laymens terms, gotta dig threw the fragments to get to the bottles...lotsa fragments..especially the really good stuff, like blob tops and iron pontils..your digging and you see a iron pontil , then realize its just a shard... :'(

OP
OP
BttleDiggerDrew

BttleDiggerDrew

Aug 12, 2010
Rockland County, NY
Ok, here are some of the jars from today...

Attachments

• Todays jars.jpg
    Todays jars.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 296
  • 1903patent.jpg
    1903patent.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 303
  • Beardsley.jpg
    Beardsley.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 299
  • Oddjar1.jpg
    Oddjar1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 295
  • OddJar2.jpg
    OddJar2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 303
OP
OP
BttleDiggerDrew

BttleDiggerDrew

Aug 12, 2010
Rockland County, NY
More to come, But at this moment I want to leave you with this little surprise...its about 2 inchs tall, with a 1 inch base. I am thinking its a perfume bottle, your thoughts?

Attachments

• Littlegem.jpg
    Littlegem.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 291
OP
OP
BttleDiggerDrew

BttleDiggerDrew

Aug 12, 2010
Rockland County, NY
gleaner1 said:
Drew, just for shts and grins, blast some pics of the broken iron pontiled stuff and blob crap that you are finding. That'll git the glass forum pumping.

Until I get back to that dump, (maybe tomorrow, if I heal up) I will get a better pic, but for now..this is all I gotz.

Attachments

• BestIGot4now.jpg
    BestIGot4now.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 288
OP
OP
BttleDiggerDrew

BttleDiggerDrew

Aug 12, 2010
Rockland County, NY
gleaner1 said:
Drew, I'm just bustin' on ya, no offense....I have a passion for broken stuff. It haunts.....

No worries, no offense remotely taken, from wandering around the thicket with barberry and numerous thorned plants being torn to pieces, and finding fractured and shards of bottles...shards aren't my friends today...lol

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
Ketchup,mustard,jelly glasses..

..pickle jars and the purple glass container. Love'em all. That purple one is a doozy. These are similar to what I'm digging out here in Trona,Ca. Your bottles are important for they come from a period where the old meets the new. What I find fascinating is that during this period bottle designs mirror 1800s designs. Machine-made cork stoppered medicine ABM bottles of this period look like mouth blown 1800s bottles except for the mold marks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread