Other

Gobpile

Mar 19, 2010
Underground
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX Garrett GTI2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great bottles! Please don't tumble your good bottles it will destroy value like a coin.Congrats!

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
gleaner1 said:
epackage and jgas I hope I didn't give anyone out there a bum steer on professional cleaning. I see super high end sodas and flasks get professionally cleaned a lot. I have more to learn. So I will start another topic, this is not the the place for it. Best regards, gleaner1.

No biggie Glean, I just don't think it "always" increases the value...It does help with alot of bottles but not always. We all have more to learn I'm sure, I learn new stuff every day on ABN which is the bottle site of all bottle sites.....Jim

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I see there are good questions about the color on jgas' flask. I like the color on this one, I dont think its too common. I call it green, but others may say it is dark green. But really is is not that dark. Maybe medium green. I think the the glass factory was shooting for a nice green color and got it right. There is not enough olive to consider. It is not emerald. No hint of yellows. I think an auction description for this flask would say medium green or forest green. Study auction descriptions and you will start to get the hang of color lingo.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
jgas,
I was scrolling through your pictures again and saw a bottle that I found in pieces yesterday. Your Dr. Whatshisface Stomach Bitters looks way better than the one I found :'(!

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
halfdime said:
jgas,
I was scrolling through your pictures again and saw a bottle that I found in pieces yesterday. Your Dr. Whatshisface Stomach Bitters looks way better than the one I found :'(!

Most common bitters bottle in the world I think, only the older ones have any real value, that being said every bottle collector should have at least one in their collection.....There are a few off color variants that bring good money......Jim

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
You are correct epackage....Some variants consider where the bottle was made as well which would make them worth a bit more. It did turn out nice but still has some sickness to it. Real good candidate for tumbling if I can get it done for free or a trade. :thumbsup: jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread