CREB CD 145 SN/SHOP NUMBER 15 insulator

Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Anyone know about rare and when i mean rare, Ive only hear a few exist in a collection some where
CREB CD 145 but its not your normal cd 145 its dome is marked with sn 15. Other then the {15}
it has the "B" on it.

Anyone know what the value would be on one of these?

i have looked on all the cd listings on the web, and find plenty of cd 145 and the many listing with the B
and number. But NONE of the listing even have the 15 sn listed.

Only info i have found is that there are a few in one or two collections.
but cant find a price or picture or even find it listed in any CD listing online
Catloge.

Thank you :sign13:

OP
OP
R
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well i got my answer, mine is not the CREB 145 (15)

CREB stands for the ones embossed with the full

W. Brookfield name, office street number (45 Cliff, 55 Fulton, 83 Fulton, etc.) and state (N.Y.). The CRown Embossed Brookfield (CREB) beehives were produced from around 1883-4 up to ~1892 at which point they converted to skirt embossing. The B beehives were made after 1903 up until Brookfield went out of business in 1920-21.

So my B Beehive is not it

But .........stilll anyone one know what a real CREB cd 145 (15) would b worth?

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
RR sorry now I see insulator, I'm stuck on bottles. I have a few insulators, I don't know diddly about them. Except threadless is good as well as outrageous color. Do you see any outstanding ones? Thanks, gleaner.

Attachments

• DSC05806.JPG
    DSC05806.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 348
  • DSC05804.JPG
    DSC05804.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 361
  • DSC05805.JPG
    DSC05805.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 355
OP
OP
R
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well sounds like you got the two basic ideas of it! And yes a certain color can make a more common on more valuable then normal.

They all look great from what i can see. Mainly common color and shape, but they are still beautiful.

OP
OP
R
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I was trying to figure out what i had.

i emaild a collector

thought i had a creb 145 sn 15

turns out

what i have is a B beehive sn 15 common insulator
but the shop number 15 is not common! so still a good find

and turns out i do have a CREB cd 145 yes with eh embossing you described.
and its a number 10 , but it is chipped : (

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks very much for the evaluation on my insulators. I have dug about ten of these. The rest I bought cheap, fifty cent or a buck maybe. Back in the day I heard about an old town dump and someone was diggin cobalt threadless insulators out of it. I was eavesdropping on a conversation in an obscure antique shop in the Adirondacks one day twenty years ago. A older woman was talking to the shop owner about this or that and then she mentioned that her son was digging cobalt, threadless insulators out of this dump but the land owner got mad as hell about it and covered the area with a bulldozer and posted the place sky high. I am certain this is what the woman said. This astounded me but I didn't say a word and went on my way. I think about that conversation once in a while to this day. Can that be? Have you ever heard of a cobalt insulator? And threadless? I have seen cornflower blue threaded ones worth 1000+. I think the crazy old lady knew just enough to talk nonsense insulator jive with the shop owner but it could not possibly have been accurate. But maybe they do exist. I can't google anything close. Times change and someday I might try to pinpoint the spot and have a go at getting permission to dig. Once again thanks for the info on my insulators.

OP
OP
R
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
sweet story and yes it is true, cobalt is the color "colbalt blue" which is a highly collected color and yes the threadless ones are valuable
most are older then the threaded ones.

Sounds like it be a fun place to check out. wish i could go with you!

yea a threadless colbalt insulator would be nice to have

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
The site should be relatively easy to pinpoint with a bit of research. Or not. If found, permission is the next hurdle. Just another day dream for me to torment about. But I believe it's out there waiting. The elusive cobalt-blue-threadless insulator dump from hell.

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RRGhostWreckKeepperOfGems said:
CREB stands for the ones embossed with the full

But .........stilll anyone one know what a real CREB cd 145 (15) would b worth?

Actually CREB is short for Crown Embossed...meaning the embossing is across the top of the insulator vs the skirt (SKEB).

As for your insulators in the pics...its hard t tell without seeing the embossing, but right off the bat I don't see anything of real value to a collector. There are three alike on the top pic...they are CD 202s and you may get $5-$20 each depending on who you are selling them to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread