SodabottleBob....

bottles10

May 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garriet
Applied color label soda bottles third edition. but right now I dont belive you could find one for sale unless you bought it from a collector who has one.

OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, at least I now know what the name is...d2

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
d2 ~

First of all, C-3PO wanted me to remind you of the following ...

EV-9D9: "How many languages do you speak?"
C-3PO: "I am fluent in over six million forms of communication and can readily—"
EV-9D9: "Splendid. We have been without an interpreter since our master got angry with our last protocol droid and disintegrated him." :violent1:

So if you ever need a complete list of the 10,000 different brand names of soda pop, just ask C-3PO.

And if C-3PO happens to be far, far, away, you can always purchase the book shown below which is the one I was referring to with the 7,000 different names. This is the third edition copy and can sometimes be found on Amazon.com and/or E-bay. It was published in 2003 and cost $34.99 new. But you may have to pay more now because it is out of print. The author, Allan Petretti, is the same individual who published all of the Coca Cola books and is considered an expert in the hobby of soda collecting. This particular edition is appx 30% color and focuses on a multitude of soda related items like signs - trays - bottles - calendars - etc. It has a total of 495 pages. The price values are slightly out of sync nowadays, but it's still a great reference for pictures and rarity factors. In my opinion it's a must have for the serious soda pop collector.

S-1-B-2-B-3

Attachments

• Soda Pop Collectibles Book Third Addition (518x700).jpg
    Soda Pop Collectibles Book Third Addition (518x700).jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 277

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
And here's one of the acl books mentioned earlier. It too is a great book and focuses only on acl soda bottles, with about 1,200 color pictures of the labels. This is also a third edition, and was published in 2002. It shows up on e-bay ocassionally, but expect to pay in the neighborhood of $75.00 for one. (Also out of print). I got my copy from the author, Rick Sweeney, who lives here in southern California.

The websites shared earlier are also good resources, especially the gono.com one.

SBB

Attachments

• ACL Soda Bottle Book (447x600).jpg
    ACL Soda Bottle Book (447x600).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 273
  • ACL Soda Bottle Book (447x600).jpg
    ACL Soda Bottle Book (447x600).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 236
  • ACL Book Rick Sweeney Signature (434x600).jpg
    ACL Book Rick Sweeney Signature (434x600).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 279
  • ACL Book sample pages (640x477).jpg
    ACL Book sample pages (640x477).jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 253

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
SODABOTTLEBOB said:
And here's one of the acl books mentioned earlier. It too is a great book and focuses only on acl soda bottles, with about 1,200 color pictures of the labels. This is also a third edition, and was published in 2002. It shows up on e-bay ocassionally, but expect to pay in the neighborhood of $75.00 for one. (Also out of print). I got my copy from the author, Rick Sweeney, who lives here in southern California.

The websites shared earlier are also good resources, especially the gono.com one.

SBB
that is a realllll nice book there.. wish I had that one......

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
Here's another book and website for you soda pop collectors ...

Website Link: http://www.ca-yd.com/html/misc/listlinks.htm

The website is by Chris Weide and contains tons of brand names and pictures. The pictures are copyrighted, so they ask that they not be posted anywhere on the internet. After you open the link, just scroll down to where it says "Weide's ACL Soda Bottle Collection" and it will open another page with an almost endless list of soda bottles in alphabetical order. But only the ones highlighted in green can be viewed.

Chris Weide and co-author Dennis Fewless are working on a series of books about the history of the "Bottlers" themselves. Whereas the previously mentioned books focus mainly on the bottles and other collectibles. So if you are interested in bottling history, I highly recommend the following book(s). I'm waiting for their west coast edition, which I understand is supposed to be available soon.

SBB

[ Volume one of appx four or five currently in the series ]

Attachments

• Soft Drink Bottlers of the United States (168x240).jpg
    Soft Drink Bottlers of the United States (168x240).jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 472

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread