Montrose Bottling Co, St Louis Mo
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    us
    May 2008
    Clinton, Mississippi
    Shadow/Whites/DetectorPro/Mark II
    26
    3 times

    Montrose Bottling Co, St Louis Mo

    found an old coke type bottle with the Montrose Bottling Co, St Louis, MO on front and Return This Bottle # 99B on backside. Any info you have on it would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Joe

  2. #2
    us
    Sep 2009
    Southern California
    2,584
    74 times

    Re: Montrose Bottling Co, St Louis Mo

    Missboy ~

    A little more detailed info and a picture would be a big help. I'm not sure what you mean by "Coke type."

    Thanks,

    SBB

  3. #3
    us
    Dec 2007
    South Central PA
    2,936
    60 times

    Re: Montrose Bottling Co, St Louis Mo

    Quote Originally Posted by SODABOTTLEBOB
    Missboy ~

    A little more detailed info and a picture would be a big help. I'm not sure what you mean by "Coke type."

    Thanks,

    SBB
    Bob, when I read that I assumed they mean like a hobble skirt coke
    some people call me the creeper ,cuz they don't know my name or face - Alice Cooper

  4. #4
    us
    Sep 2009
    Southern California
    2,584
    74 times

    Re: Montrose Bottling Co, St Louis Mo

    Except there are very few if any soda bottles quite like the hobbleskirt. Lots of straight-sided stuff ... which could be any one of about a jillion different bottles. But I suppose we'll find out soon enough when Missboy reads our replies.

    SBB

  5. #5
    us
    Dec 2007
    South Central PA
    2,936
    60 times

    Re: Montrose Bottling Co, St Louis Mo

    Quote Originally Posted by SODABOTTLEBOB
    Except there are very few if any soda bottles quite like the hobbleskirt. Lots of straight-sided stuff ... which could be any one of about a jillion different bottles. But I suppose we'll find out soon enough when Missboy reads our replies.

    SBB
    most people who have no clue about bottles think the hobble skirt style is the onlycoke style ever made
    some people call me the creeper ,cuz they don't know my name or face - Alice Cooper

  6. #6
    us
    Sep 2009
    Southern California
    2,584
    74 times

    Re: Montrose Bottling Co, St Louis Mo

    Quote Originally Posted by Missboy
    found an old coke type bottle with the Montrose Bottling Co, St Louis, MO on front and Return This Bottle # 99B on backside. Any info you have on it would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Joe
    Except there is no hobbleskirt that I know of that says "Return This Bottle" on it. Nor one that has the bottling company name on the "front." Hobbleskirts have the names on the "bottom." I suspect it may not even be a Coca Cola bottle. I suppose the only person who can tell us for certain is Missboy.

    SBB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coca Cola Bottle Ad April 12, 1917 (700x555).jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	530917   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coca Cola Cap 1915 (640x480) (640x480).jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	530918  

 

 

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0