New finds from my last hunt

SaintOne

Greenie
Jul 9, 2011
went out last week to find some bottles, not without succes , about 30 bottles in all sizes and shapes

wine bottles , soda bottle , medicine bottles , some clay pipes and a porselyn one

last foto is a beautifull bottle but i have no clue what it was used for had a piramid shape

Sanguinose bottle dates in the 1940
the soda bottle says : LF Meyer lZN - limonade gazeuse - Wildervank - tel 441 its dated around 1950/60

Attachments

• IMG_0081 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0081 (Small).JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0083 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0083 (Small).JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0084 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0084 (Small).JPG
    64 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0085 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0085 (Small).JPG
    38 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0091 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0091 (Small).JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 324

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Gosh! I love the lady's-leg neck from that black glass bottle!

There is a well-known British pyramid bottle (Price's Patent Candle Co Limited) in cobalt blue which contained glycerine.

Is that a small "pinch" bottles in the group? It may or may not have been related to the scotch whiskey pinch (or "dimple") bottles.

pinchbottle.JPG
John Haig & Company Limited

Principle Brands
Dimple 12 year old
Dimple 15 year Old
Also Know as Pinch in The USA Market
Haig Gold Label

The Haig whisky distilling dynasty can rightfully lay claim to be the oldest Scotch whisky distillers having being active distillers for over 300 years.

The first recording of Haig distilling was in 1655 when Robert Haig was summoned to appear before the Kirk Session for working his still on the Sabbath.

He had established a farm at Throsk Stirlingshire in 1627 and this is taken to be the entry date of the Haig’s into distilling. . . .

. . . In 1856 John Haig &Co joined in with six other Lowland distillers to form a trade agreement to protect the individual and collective interests of the members. Eventually this trade agreement led to the formation of the Distillers Company Limited (DCL) in 1877 with John Haig and his son Hugh as directors

During 1882 John Haig & Co merged with David Smith & Co and became a limited company with Hugh Haig, John Haig’s Son, as chairman.

John Alicius Haig released the Dimple Deluxe blend in 1888. The distinctive 3 pinch bottle was introduced in 1893 by George Ogilvy Haig.

DCL acquired the entire ordinary share capital of John Haig & Co Ltd in March of 1919 the take over of the Haig dynasty was completed in 1923 with DCL taking control of Haig & Haig Ltd.

Attachments

• pinchbottle.JPG
    pinchbottle.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 334
OP
OP
S

SaintOne

Greenie
Jul 9, 2011
nope that brown bottle is an maggi aromat bottle for spicing up soup ;) but it was a model i havent seen before so took it home.

CPamNlkW85S3REWt0kV8AA==.jpg

il also found the pontil of the black bottle last sunday but the rest seems to be unfindable :/

OP
OP
S

SaintOne

Greenie
Jul 9, 2011
Harry Pristis said:
If you don't mind, we'd like to see whatever pieces you have of that black bottle, the one with the lady's leg neck.

sorry for the late response i was on holiday , il check if i still have those pieces , i emptied the .. not to keep glas bucket and i might have tossed it away .. :/

il be out there this week again and il check if i can find even more pieces around .. and take them home for a photo or make a photo on the spot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread