• canon 1457.jpg
    canon 1457.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 318

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE :headbang: Love the Hutch !!! keep it up . If you are in Georgia , Do you know if there are any embossed bottles or jugs from Butler,Ga ?

OP
OP
blugotti1

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've never found one from there. but small as the town i'm from "Soperton". i've found embossed bottles from here. so they probably are...thanks

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks , My mothers side of the family landed in Savanna harbor in 1682,went up river and settled in "Queensboro" ,then during & after the Civil War ,some were in Butler. IF you ever come across one for sale ,please contact me. HH

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
PikesPeakCharlie said:
Thanks , My mothers side of the family landed in Savanna harbor in 1682,went up river and settled in "Queensboro" ,then during & after the Civil War ,some were in Butler. IF you ever come across one for sale ,please contact me. HH

1682 or 1862 ?? I love me some mug base hutch bottles, nice addition....Jim

OP
OP
blugotti1

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks...will do.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
epackage said:
PikesPeakCharlie said:

1682 or 1862 ?? I love me some mug base hutch bottles, nice addition....Jim
Ok Jim you made me go get out the papers & get my story straight :wink:,I definitly quoted wrong dates. My Ancestor & his wife landed in Savanna harbor in Dec 1768 on the ship "Prince George" under Captain Beatty coming from Belfast, they were 2 of 100 passangers aboard . they setteled in the new frontier town of "Queensborough" in the parish of St George's, 2 miles from what is now Louisville in Jefferson Cty. In 1797 He was granted 250 acres of land in the county for his service in the American Revolution.He also appears on the tax roles of the county in 1802 & drew in the land lottery,held to distribute the frontier lands of Georgia of 1805. Died some where around 1820.
Love those mug base hutches as well. HH

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I was just curious PPC because it seemed so early to me, very cool family history you were able to trackdown !!! :hello2:

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
epackage said:
I was just curious PPC because it seemed so early to me, very cool family history you were able to trackdown !!! :hello2:
Yep ,The family that was here in 1680s were in Virgina and from the 1730's in North Carolina. My ancestor "Captain John Purvis" in the 1690's transported the earliest laws of the Virgina colony to England to be printed and are still known as The Purvis Laws. We are very lucky to have our family history ,on both sides, that date back to the start of this country.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice hutchinson. I've got one just like yours. I dug it in Albany Georgia a couple of years ago when the city was building a water side park on the Flint River. That dig site is now grassed over but man, was it fun when it was open to digging. I've never heard of a Butler Georgia Hutchinson but that does not mean that there isn't one. If was looking for a Butler bottle, I would maybe look for a drug store bottle with Butler being embossed on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread