Sifting old dumps..

BrokenShards

Greenie
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its that time of year for me to get my bottle dump diving into gear. That being said, most of the dumps in the Hudson Valley are in stream embankments or along the Hudson itself. Well, I hit one of my old haunts for a quick little sifting action..45mins to be exact and I came up with a few items. One large 1852 cent in poor condition, a couple what appear to be antique glass beads and what I think (haven't cleaned it yet) is a casing from an old Springfield trapdoor. I will post the pictures, when I get the chance.

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
They may be glass indian trade beads..

I use a 1/8" professional screen I bought from a company in Florida for $265. Best purchase I've ever made. I was excavating an 1800s dump near my ghost town in the Mojave Desert. After digging down thru several feet of broken glass and bottles to within 6" of bedrock I began finding glass beads,broken obsidian pieces,arrowheads,etc. That was two years ago. Since then I've found thousands of the glass beads in every color of the rainbow and every design possible. The people who first began dumping cans & bottles at the dump site dumped it all atop an abandoned indian village.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread