Anyone know anything about Kings Crown Ruby Flash Thumbprint depression glass?

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Anyone know anything about Kings Crown Ruby Flash Thumbprint? (pictures)

I have a partial set and I'm trying to decide what to do with it. It was given to me by an antique dealer in Fla. Several questions. Is this one of those things that an entire set is worth more than the sum of it's parts and I should complete the set before trying to sell? Or, should I just dump it as is? If a full set is the way to go, what constitutes the "full set", or what am I missing (see below)? Third, here's what I have and what do you think it's worth?

6 x 8" plates (salad?)
6 x tall glasses
6 x large goblets
6 x small goblets
6 x dessert dishes
1 x sugar bowl
1 x creamer

They are in pretty good shape. No chips. No scratches that I can see although I could be wrong.
salad plate.jpg tall glass.jpg large goblet.jpg small goblet.jpg dessert dish.jpg sugar bowl.jpg creamer.jpg

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, you do not need a complete set to make it more valuable. Your glass appears to be made by the Tiffin Glass Co. based on the elongated oval shape of the "thumbprints". This pattern was also made by the Indiana Glass Co., the thumbprints are rounded on theirs. Also the rims on your tumblers (Tiffin) are flared versus being straight on the Indiana glass. You've got a nice little collection, and it should piece out to about $125-$150 selling the lots as they are. ie- 6 plates as one loy- 6 goblets as another, creamer and sugar as a set. Check the completed listings on ebay and you'll see that each piece pribably averages about $5 a piece for the most part.

davidpitt

Oct 1, 2011
As I know about Kings Crown Ruby Flash Thumbprint, The design of bowls is characterized by a ruby flash area on the top, with a thumbprint pattern below. A raised zigzag line is both above and below the thumbprint pattern. The Tiffin Ruby Flash King's Crown bowls have a flared rim and elongated oval thumbprints, but only two mold lines. So, it really looks like that.

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Site to help identify Kings Crown glass pieces

Don't know if you're still looking to identify those lovely Indiana Glass Kings Crown pieces, but we have an online visual identification guide and manufacturer catalog at Kings Crown Glass

- KCG

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I have two similar pieces...

Attachments

• 4029033205.JPG
    4029033205.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 528

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I know nothing of your beautiful glass, I have to say, I haven't heard anyone can it smAlbany since I was in college... and I laughed when I saw it there on your title block. Thanks for that- as well as the show of really nice glass. Yakker

OP
OP
Skrimpy

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
So is something like this more valuable as a full set? Or more valuable because of certain pieces? Trying to decide whether or not to dump what I have or try to get a full set to maybe sell, maybe keep. They came out of my grandfathers antique shop when he passed. Thinking about making them an heirloom set

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is something like this more valuable as a full set? Or more valuable because of certain pieces? Trying to decide whether or not to dump what I have or try to get a full set to maybe sell, maybe keep. They came out of my grandfathers antique shop when he passed. Thinking about making them an heirloom set
You can use this link to decide what you want to do.
kings crown ruby thumbprint | eBay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread