Extremely weird 10oz. Coca Cola bottle

EuroFlash

Jun 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

My dad would like to know more about a Coca Cola bottle of his. He bought it in the 80s in New York and it was sold in a very tiny shop.
Could you please give us some more information about this bottle. (By the way, the color of the cola turned blue over time...)

cocacola.jpg

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a "novelty item" They were pretty popular in the 70s. A regular Coke bottle was emptied, heated and stretched into different shapes, then refilled with a colored liquid (not cola) and recapped.

OP
OP
E

EuroFlash

Jun 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a lot for your reply, but my dad just told me that it was really coca cola which was in there but it turned blue over time. Do you think this is still worth something?

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks a lot for your reply, but my dad just told me that it was really coca cola which was in there but it turned blue over time. Do you think this is still worth something?

Well, I can tell you from experience that it is most certainly NOT filled with coke. They were filled with red, blue and green colored liquid and most were carnival prizes.

It's worth between 20-30.00. I'm sure you can find some on Ebay.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Won one at a fair back in the seventies...they had different color liquids to choose from, but none had coke in them.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
You couldn't heat it to stretch it into that form with soda still in it, it would have exploded. I imagine your dad is pulling your leg with that story...

Monica1

May 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Extremely weird Coca Cola bottle

Hey guys,

My dad would like to know more about a Coca Cola bottle of his. He bought it in the 80s in New York and it was sold in a very tiny shop.
Could you please give us some more information about this bottle. (By the way, the color of the cola turned blue over time...)

cocacola.jpg

The only thing I know about this bottle is that I remember winning them in carnivals when I was little. This would have been in the early 80's or late 70's. I remember all types of soda bottles were used (7up, Sprite, Fanta, etc...) and the more curvy the better. Some even made loops. I love the memories this has brought back.

KMC

Greenie
May 9, 2013
Midwest
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.. Carnival prizes.. I remember those from the 70's :)

Oradden

May 31, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Wasn't around for these bottles, but definitely the weirdest thing i've seen on treasurenet so far. Thanks for showing us this bottle!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread