Yesterdays bottles (also posted in todays finds)

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well they finally knocked down the collapsing house around the corner from me. It's been rotting since Katrina and was in real danger of falling over. I wanted to get under it before they took it down, but it was far too unsafe. Luckily I didn't see much broken stuff on the ground, and I got some nice bottles out of the muck. It's a nice assortment running from the 1800's to the 1950's, and I'm happy with them, I would like to know more about the wine bottles though, if anyone needs more pics I'll be glad to post them.

The first two are local sodas, both from the 50's. Cola-Hiball, and NuLife Grape. Not particularly exciting to many people, but they are New Orleans bottles, and I'm happy to have them...
sodas.jpg

Next is an Ancient Age Whiskey....
aa.jpg

A Wyeth & Bros. Philad'a medicine,

wyeth.jpg

The next are wine bottles Nice light green, the fatter one seems really crude and it sits crooked :icon_scratch:
wine1.jpg wine2.jpg wine3.jpg

I'm guessing this one is a beer or liquor, it's a really deep, almost amber green, really nice color.
wine4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These next ones are a Hires Extract, an Re Umberto Brand Olive Oil, and a mystery little multi-sided amber which I thought might be a poison, not sure though. it's 12 sided, and I see bubbles in the glass so I'm guessing it's got some age anyway.

hires.jpg olive.jpg ambersmall.jpg

Well that's it for the bottles for now, I'm hoping to get some hunting in today, and looking to detect a spot I just found, so hopefully I'll have more to post tonight! Thanks for looking and H.H. to all!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread