Bass Assassin 5

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now as I have said before I have been coming to this beach for 50+ years. I have picked up a ton of treasures too....well, treasures to me anyway. I collect a bunch of different stuff, agates, floats, arrowheads, bottles, bottle necks, coins, beach glass, broken pottery...etc. Every-time I go there I expect that this time is the time the beach will be played out. The beach will be picked dry, there is nothing left to find. (Except for the dam plastic bottles and rubber gloves that the fishermen lose...if I collected those I could set up my own shop). Well anyway, every time I think that I head out on my walk and then come back with an agate the size of your fist or a new coin, or a 4 inch square copper ships nail...or...well you get the picture. I have never been skunked, but I always expect to be.

That is why I found it so odd, when I went out on walk number five and was thinking to myself..."I am going to find another bottle in my spot today"...I didn't hope for it, I didn't wish for it... I just KNEW it. I suppose this was a year ago January...pretty sure it was in the winter as I expect that my good fortune was in part do to the frequent sou'westers we had been having (typical winter weather, that) and the surf had been pounding the clay. Well...moving my story along, I was approaching my spot but moving slow and keeping my eyes on my feet. I didn't want to insult the Gods of Luck with my arrogance by casting my eyes too soon to my spot without going through the ritual of searching the rest of the beach first. You know how it it...we all have our luck superstitions.

So I get to the clay, nothing...maybe a broken bit or two, but nothing. I step a few yards to the south where I found that "Northrop and Sturgis".....nothing. I step over an ancient beach log and.... there it was. I kid you not, as god as my witness, bottle number 5. "Frank Miller's Crown Dressing"...that's right folks, shoe polish....hundred year old shoe polish to be sure, but shoe polish none the less. Now what this bottle was doing on the beach I don't have a clue.

Attachments

• DSC03321.JPG
    DSC03321.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 105

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another awesome part of this epic story. I hope you will continue. I don't think any of us have had enough.

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
...it's a lot of fun thanks...and thanks to Bass Ass...er Assassin I mean....he was right that we need more action. I don't get it actually...there is a pretty big community of diggers and bottle folk...do they not know about us?

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I've been wondering. There are great people on here just not much action lately. Maybe with spring coming it will pick up. Hope so.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My UncleMac really knows how to spin out a great story. And a lovely little bottle she is. Again, wonderful story and keep them coming. ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread