Bass Assassin 19

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Another thing I can’t resist picking up is these broken pieces of bottle with writing on them. Now most of them I can decipher…a lot of old canning jars, some whiskeys, soft drinks and such. But some of the medicines get pretty hard to identify. I have noticed that a lot of my medicines are morphine or cannabis based and of course they all have some sort of alcoholic content.

I got me wondering if a lot of these “medicines” weren’t used recreationally. I mean hey!...if Dr. Feelgoods over the counter heroine cough syrup was around today every high-schooler in the nation would pack it in their lunch!

Then again…TB was an incurable scourge 100 + years ago and opiates actually DO suppress the cough and take away the pain. TB hit native peoples pretty hard and my beach is smack dab in the middle of coastal Chinook historical lands. TB rates are still higher among Natives than whites, in fact the mother of my older children is a Blackfeet tribal member and to this day she is asked by her Dr. if she has been in contact with anyone that has TB…I have never been asked that in my life.

Well anyway…here is a little test, play if you want to. These are all pieces from the basin. I will start you out easy with 5 pieces I CAN identify…

Attachments

• DSC03660.JPG
    DSC03660.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC03666.JPG
    DSC03666.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC03667.JPG
    DSC03667.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC03673.JPG
    DSC03673.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC03677.JPG
    DSC03677.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 87

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That last one is a Mason's Patent Nov 30th 1858, from a mason jar. I've been finding those intact lately. Not sure about the others.

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
bingo...on #5....

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Lydia Pinkhams vegetable compound. The mason....Some sort of cough syrup, maybe Caldwells. And a pain killer of who knows what type. Lea and Perrins Wostershire sauce.. Bets guesses! Chow! jgas

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Lydia Pinkhams vegetable compound...check!

The mason...check

Lea and Perrins Wostershire sauce...check

a pain killer....Davis....

Some sort of cough syrup...Begg's Cherry...

pretty good!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread