epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I was contacting an Ebayer who had a stoneware jug from Paterson that didn't sell and I was making a deal with him outside of Ebay. After our phone call I was getting ready to close out the Ebay page for the jug when I noticed a name that was familiar to me, so I clicked on it and much to my delight it was a Katz Bros. jug that didn't have Paterson scripted on it, and it was ending in 4 hours with only 1 bid and few looks. Needless to say I was psyched, I had a great night selling on Ebay yesterday and decided on my bottom line price, sadly it wasn't enough as I got sniped with 1 second to go.

Bummed out I scanned my Ebay page and found that a previously unknown/unlisted paterson blob was ending in an hour, lately prices have been CRAZY thanks to the Sheik and some people with deep pockets bidding what I consider outrageous prices, so I wasn't expecting to get such a bottle cheap. Made my last second bid about 50% more than I had originally decided on, but luckily there was only one other bidder who had alligator arms, and like Jasse James I stole this sum*****...

There is a short 7" variant known.

C.H. Van Houten, Cornelius was only in business from 1874-77, so this bottle is a real treasure! Large open block letters on the back C.H.V.H.

Attachments

• Van Houten aqua blob tall.jpg
    Van Houten aqua blob tall.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Jug I lost out on, I have two others similar to it but not exact like this...

Attachments

• $T2eC16hHJHUFFf-VCpCuBS!ZKpVGw!~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16hHJHUFFf-VCpCuBS!ZKpVGw!~~60_57.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Jug that I will be getting from the Ebayer I was on the phone with when I saw the Katz Bros. jug...

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!p8FG5ys)(l6BR41!5NLzQ~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqN,!p8FG5ys)(l6BR41!5NLzQ~~60_57.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 85

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!!2 out of 3 deals gone your way,Awesome!!

That C.H.Van Houten,Cornelius blob sounds like a real Sweet score...Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread