Need some insulator CD#s and approx. values please :)

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found these yesterday on a RR bank where a lot of old fallen signal poles were buried by the foliage. Scott and I have determined that will be our fall digging area. In the meantime, I found these 2. Looking for CD# and approximate value in their current condition. Thanks to any and all who contribute.

#1 - [SOLVED] U-308 unmarked brown glazed porcelain
3 skirt 1.jpg 3 skirt 2.jpg

#2 - [SOLVED] U-926A unmarked brown glazed cable-top porcelain; broken and in 2 pieces
2 piece 1.jpg 2 piece 2.jpg 2 piece 3.jpg

There were a lot of broken Brookfields that I've found before, and the presence of insulators here actually helps explain why we found so many in that creekside dump we dug earlier this year. There's a lot of old RR passing through town here to explore, so I've no doubt I'll be finding more.

Also found this bottle. It looks rather modern and I wouldn't have normally bothered with it but the base mfg. mark says "SK&F" which is coincidentally close to a corporation nearby, SKF, although they can't be related because SKF is a Swedish ball bearing manufacturer:
SK&F 1.jpg SK&F 2.jpg

And a 1950s art deco Coke bottle with a very faded printed label made in Birmingham, Alabama. No point in showing that, everyone has seen them at one point or another.

***UPDATE***

Found a few more I'd like IDs for. While we wait for clean pics, here's some of my other finds from today:

First, an E.J. Moyer Dairy pint milk bottle from Souderton, PA. Is that "25" over the valve mark mean it was made in 1925?
Moyer 1.jpg Moyer 2.jpg

Next, a decent folding knife. Good timing, my Winchester's blade snapped :)
knife.jpg

#3 - [SOLVED] Aqua CD-152 Hemingray No. 40
Hemingray-40 (2).jpg Hemingray-40 (3).jpg

#4 - [SOLVED] Clear Armstrong's DP1, CD-155, (C) 26-52.
clear wired 1.jpg clear wired 2.jpg

#5 - [SOLVED] Clear/lt. purple CD-145 "B" Beehive (Missing the top part)
clear half 1.jpg clear half 2.jpg

#6 - [SOLVED] U-260 unmarked brown glazed porcelain
short brown.jpg

Last edited:

Corinthian

Tenderfoot
Nov 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you post a picture of the bottom of the Hemingray 40? Does it have drip points around the bottom edge? Examples of that style without drip points are quite unusual. Maybe I just can't see them properly in the photo.

mrmozambique13

Sep 10, 2014
Riverside,Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites XL Pro with Black Max 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CD152 Hemingray’s that Demand $$$, colors: olive, Milky Aqua, or Jade Aqua milk. If you find a Jade Aqua Milk 152 ide give you 20$ for it :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread