curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While doing yard work my guy found these only a few inches down and all clustered together. I don't know anything really about bottles, but think these are not to old....only interesting. Does any one know what that second one on right in front row was for? DSCN0587.JPG

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty sure it's perfume bottle.

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
One could easily imagine survivors clearing off a vanity and/or a medicine cabinet after the demise of the user of the cosmetics . . . burying the very personal effects in a shallow hole in the yard. Do you know the history of the house?

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Harry....no one lived on the land until we bought it and put our home here. We have 5 acres, there is a older small home next door, no one lives there now. I do like your story about it, sounds good....maybe they were passing through or it was the "trash dump" for next door? lol Interesting story about the bottle with "Worth" on it, it was often bought by GI's during the second WW and sent home to their sweethearts......the translation of it's French name (can't think of it now) means "I will be back". I'm thinking of reposting the second bottle on the right, do you guys really think it was perfume? Did you notice the "rootbeer" bottle in the back?

bottles10

May 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garriet
some one had a nice collection of small bottles.why they would throw them out is any bodies guess. as i said in other post . that is not a bottle but a stopper with cork missing

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your talking about the tiny bluish stopper in front I suppose? I found out it's from a Worchestershire sauce bottle, but don't have the bottle unless one of those is it?

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
No, kat, we're talking about the second 'bottle' from the right, in the front row . . . the one with the strange bead lip and the four fluted sides. Turn it over and imagine a cork (plastic in later bottles) fitted over the bead 'lip.' It's a decorative stopper for a decanter.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you again Harry.....uh...are you a teacher or something?

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Thank you again Harry.....uh...are you a teacher or something?

*ahem* Please don't confuse me with 'surf' and other experts here, kat. I am a bottle GOD. :notworthy:

Seriously though, I am merely a student, looking left and right, as I shuffle on toward the final know-nothing. I am inclined, occasionally, to share some observation or another. But, student I am. I want to learn everything before I know-nothing. 8-)

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still funny and a GOD to boot! lol Don't know surf or other experts yet, except you, can you feel me bowing? :) Oh....please more help....how in the world do I mark my "brown (horse rib) bone" SOLVED? I tried to click on the "thread tool" like it said in a video, but it's not there.....?

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
GOD. :notworthy: Harry,

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm still a student, too. I even think I may have been held back a year. 8-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

curious,

Everyone is talking about that fluted, 4 cornered star shaped piece of glass, 2nd from the right in the group photo. The bulbous lip on what you are thinking as the neck, is the bottom of the stopper & would have held a cork or plastic sleeve.

The bulbous bulb holds the cork sleeve, which keeps the brandy better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, another GOD, feel blessed :)......Hello Surf, thank you for the info & pictures. So....brandy eh? Must have been a Big bottle! You know, one of the other bottles was from a, I think Scotch, it's that tall brown one with the top on it, think from Scotland? Will have to check again. Well anyway, not all perfume! ;)

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
brandy eh?

curious,

I only used "brandy" for alliterative device.

I suspect it's an Old Fitzgerald, but have found no such examples.

leo-cullum-the-pompano-poached-in-parchment-is-very-alliterative-tonight-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fitzgerald? A kind of.....? Any way, it's not a real "pretty" one, just odd....kind of like you, kidding of course! :) Sorry Surf, don't know you well enough to have done that, but just couldn't help it....you started it with that cartoon! :cat:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe there is another dump in the back yard. I dig them in mine as well. Looks to be the start of a very nice collection.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes TN & thanks...one never knows until they look, right? No garden in back so probably won't be digging, to lazy. Will just wait until it rains or something & check out what pop's up LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread