Need info on Woonsocket RI bottle

JOliver80

Oct 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surprisingly I cant find any info on this early Standard Bottling Co. Woonsocket crown top bottle. The Pawtucket Standard Bottling bottles are pretty common and Im not sure if this is a branch of that same bottler or a totally different company but there is virtually no info online that I can find besides some PDFs of RI annual reports and a listing of the bottle on the rhody bottle club page. Any info would be much appreciated
woonsocketbottling.jpg

Last edited:

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey JOliver,

It's my understanding that there were at least 8 variants on the Standards. I think you're right about the Woonsocket being a branch of Pawtucket. Taylor knows more:

"One of the most successful bottling companies from Pawtucket was the Standard Bottling Co. I had 8 different bottles from this collection, and added 3 more with this recent purchase. One example as a narrow-bodied handmade crown top. It has the signature American flag and the number 5 next to it. I’m not positive, but I believe this is a date code for 1905.

The other unlisted example is probably the rarest Standard bottle around. It is embossed Standard Bottling Co. Pavonia Providence, RI. Beer bottles embossed with the type of beer are exceedingly rare in RI. In fact I’m now the lucky owner of the only two types known (the other is a Henry Wilkens Tivoli from Providence). TaylorsRIbottleblog: April 2013

IMG_1280.JPG

Too bad you don't have a flagged model.

2851884224_2355470719_n.jpg

Attachments

• $T2eC16d,!zMFIchDTw)kBSNyCrHVFw~~60_57.JPG
    $T2eC16d,!zMFIchDTw)kBSNyCrHVFw~~60_57.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
J

JOliver80

Oct 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great info but he still doesnt say anything about the Woonsocket bottle... Woonsocket is about 25-30 mins from Pawtucket could be a different company but that would be strange considering how big of an operation Pawtuckets standard bottling works were.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Shoot him an electronic communication, with your photo. He's extremely knowledgeable on Rhode Island bottles.

court-street-bridge.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread