PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

There are a few places at the local lake marked off with no trespassing signs threatening arrest unless approved by the city. It took me about three weeks and several email to get written permission to access the area.

While walking around, there was a long and narrow grove of really large oak trees. (Really large, it would take three full grown adults to get their arms all the way around one of them.)

Beyond that there was an odd grove between the reeds at the water. This grove was littered with hundreds of bottles from several decades of flotsam.

Here are some that I thought might be worth keeping. But, I dont know anything about bottles. They are probably just junk.

Let me know what you think.

Patrick

IMG132.jpg
Pepsi-Cola (one dot between words.)

IMG133.jpg
Pierre Smirnoff with federal warning not to reuse or refill the bottle. (So much for recycling.)

IMG138.jpg
Not sure about this. I don't recognize the crown insignia and it is not a screw top.

IMG135.jpg
Not sure about these three. The one on the right is the same bottle as picture above.

IMG139.jpg
This is a closeup of the little bottle above.

Last edited:

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Patrick,

Hate to confirm your worst suspicion on these guys, but what you have is Mid to Late 20th Century common bottles. They are way too recent for collectors of antique glass. Oddly, from a collectibility standpoint, that NDNR Pepsi may be the best one.

The No Deposit No Return bottles are starting to be collected by some of the soda guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread