Milk Bottle Search...

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Hello all, my first time posting here I believe. I usually hang out in the Garage Sale Finds forum. I am in search of a milk bottle or a couple of bottles from Westborough, Massachusetts from the A. Nava Dairy. I believe this dairy ran from approximately 1905 to 1920. I will buy any example you have. This farm was owned by the grandfather of my 83 yr old uncle who has everything and would like to find it for him for Christmas. There are no more examples in the family and I think it would mean a lot to him. I will try and check back here to look for answers, but if you have one to sell, please PM me. Thank you for any help I can get, even leads to someone you think might have one that I should get in touch with.

T.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CladSpends2

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Does anyone have anything from this dairy? Possibly a bottle top? I have heard that some of the smaller dairies had those instead of bottles or as well as bottles. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Again, if you can even point me in the direction of a Mass. milk bottle collector it will be greatly appreciated.

T.

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Call or visit your local public library and talk with the reference librarian. Ask for listings for local/state clubs and societies which focus on bottle-collecting, dairy collectibles, or even on historical archeology. These groups will have a listed contact person . . . that's how you will find collectors.

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to understand that milk bottles from local dairies most likely did not travel very far. Unless anyone on here was from that area of Massachusetts, we probably can't help you as far as having a bottle/bottle top. But Harry's tips are great. You're going to have to do some research and get in touch with your local bottle guys. Good luck!

OP
OP
CladSpends2

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Thank you both, and I have been trying the internet, obviously, lol and I have responded to milk bottle collector ads from Mass. on craig'slist but now I will take your advice. I also hope one of you would be from Mass. or able to put me in contact with a fellow collector from Mass. I really appreciate your help. Thank you again.

T.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread