Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the color and the base on the one on the right. Bubbles in the glass would be distracting to me. Always IMHO!

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like the color and the base on the one on the right. Bubbles in the glass would be distracting to me. Always IMHO!

I value everyone's opinion that's why I asked! I'm a newbie at collecting and I just want to know what to look for.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
I just want to know what to look for.

Hey Coily,

If you're buying, look for the small towns. The Alabama Bottling from Andalusia, would be an example.

I'd negotiate on glass tenaciously at a venue like a Civil War Show. These are, for the most part, not bottle dealers, and prices tend to the higher end.

That well known electronic auction place offers a very realistic running tally on the bottle market in so far as completed sales. Regularly check there for your areas of interest.

Make a couple pilgrimages to some bottle shows…

big.JPG

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Surf.The guy I bought from deals mostly in pretty common bottles and I knew that from the get go.i thought at $16 I did okay on the large hutch bottles. We buy in bulk from him because we resell some items so I do end up getting a discount. My first time out,like I said I didn't want to try and venture out and guess which bottles could possibly go up in value,just warned something to start my collecting.now that I'm more confident if I get the opportunity to go to a strictly bottle selling venue I will be more savvy. I checked that electronic auction place( lol) and the bottle was up to $29.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the two that I bought years ago while living in Alabama. Surf is right about looking for the small towns. These two are common.

Attachments

• Birmingham Hutch - Clear.jpg
    Birmingham Hutch - Clear.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 72
  • Birmingham Hutch - Clear (1).jpg
    Birmingham Hutch - Clear (1).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Birmingham Hutch (2).jpg
    Birmingham Hutch (2).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Birmingham Hutch (3).jpg
    Birmingham Hutch (3).jpg