Finally found something older!

LaDigger

Mar 4, 2013
Spearsville La
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After digging quite a bit I finally found a few bottles that are older, at least I think I did. Most all of the bottles I have been finding have been in the 40's and 50's so to me these were cool. I also added a 60's bottle of Red Panther Toxaphene just because I thought it was neat with the label.Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• old bottles group.jpg
    old bottles group.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 157
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    877 KB · Views: 156
  • small kid.jpg
    small kid.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 264
  • red.jpg
    red.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 126

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bottle Digger. Did you find that on your property in Union Parish? Nice find. There's more to come

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
L

LaDigger

Mar 4, 2013
Spearsville La
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes in union parish but across the loutre from me around Marion. I live in a house that was built in the early 1900 s, it has a old country store , I have found several silver coins and wheat pennies but not even a single bottle. I am mainly digging ravines and creeks, and house place dumps this one just doesn't seem to have one.

DINGER

Mar 9, 2011
central new york
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey LaDigger nice score on them bottles & harry thanks for posting them labels, I always wondered what this bottle was for,has no embossing on it & mine looks more blueish color, money makerf four 010.jpg money makerf four 012.jpg money makerf four 013.jpg money makerf four 011.jpg

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe yours would be the later machine made version when it was cheaper and more efficient for machines and paper labels.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you find the panther bottle at a old dump? It is very hard for me to find ones like that together. Nice!

OP
OP
L

LaDigger

Mar 4, 2013
Spearsville La
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you find the panther bottle at a old dump? It is very hard for me to find ones like that together. Nice!

No the Panther bottle was found under a old barn on a property I have been hunting. I have the same problem, I have been digging a couple of old city dumps but the acl and label bottles are toasted. I have had some luck lately finding old acl's and labeled bottles by searching under old houses, barns, and sheds. I like the panther bottle and havent really found any info on it. I searched ebay and couldn't find anything similar that had been sold, not sure if it has any value but its pretty cool.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes in union parish but across the loutre from me around Marion. I live in a house that was built in the early 1900 s, it has a old country store , I have found several silver coins and wheat pennies but not even a single bottle. I am mainly digging ravines and creeks, and house place dumps this one just doesn't seem to have one.
how old is the store. There's a good chance there's a bottle dump and a privy behind it

OP
OP
L

LaDigger

Mar 4, 2013
Spearsville La
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how old is the store. There's a good chance there's a bottle dump and a privy behind it

I am not really sure, I know from an older gentlemen in the area that it was there when he was a child in the 30's. The store closed in the 70's judging by some of the stuff that remained inside. I do not have a probe yet, I know I need one because I have some old home sites that I have permission to hunt. Is there anyone on here who sales them or a place to buy them? Any recommendations for our area as far as how long? Thanks for any help

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I find a lot of small bottles in the dumps. It is hard to find anything big, but I'm fine with the small ones. I think all of the ones in my picture on the bottle forum were found in a dump like that. I can't remember what all I have in there. They are fun to hunt.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not really sure, I know from an older gentlemen in the area that it was there when he was a child in the 30's. The store closed in the 70's judging by some of the stuff that remained inside. I do not have a probe yet, I know I need one because I have some old home sites that I have permission to hunt. Is there anyone on here who sales them or a place to buy them? Any recommendations for our area as far as how long? Thanks for any help
Custom Made Singing Privy Probes
privyprobe.com/dir/index.php?pr=Shop_Now
I sell spring steel probes made from brand new quality spring steel manufactured in the good ole USA. This is newly manufactured spring steel not 40 year old, tired ...
Go to this site. He makes an excellent probe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread