Latest additions from Paterson and the surrounding area...

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Ran out to look at a jug that was found floating after a flood in town many years ago, it was glued back together as you can see but they must have used some good glue. I also took a look at a few bottles and got another rare gem along with 3 other good ones, the best of the lot is the George Spreitzer aqua quart hutch, just last month I acquired the only known clear variant of this same bottle, all the networking is paying off. I also got a 1904 David Boyle quart to send to my buddy in South Carolina, along with the two milks you see. A local early pint from Fairfield NJ along with a nice SCA half-pint from Madison NJ that I hope to use in a trade...

Attachments

• 4029033186.JPG
    4029033186.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 4029033185.JPG
    4029033185.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 89
  • 4029033183.JPG
    4029033183.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Stoneware Otten, William 2 gal.jpg
    Stoneware Otten, William 2 gal.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 4029033176.JPG
    4029033176.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a fan of the spreitzer as well. Broken or not i like the jug and it still displays well

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am always kicking myself for not bottle hunting around the paterson area when my grandparents were living in Totowa. Unfortunately they are dead and have no reason to go. If I do epackage, I will keep you in mind.

Side note, try hunting around the "3 bridges" area, I have had good luck there when I lived in jersey.

Last edited:
OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I am always kicking myself for not bottle hunting around the paterson area when my grandparents were living in Totowa. Unfortunately they are dead and have no reason to go. If I do epackage, I will keep you in mind.

Side note, try hunting around the "3 bridges" area, I have had good luck there when I lived in jersey.
My parents are in Totowa and I may be moving back there soon. I have an area to dig in Totowa that hasn't been touched since I was a kid...

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Rutt's Hutt and Libby's are also great, it's a good area for dogs all the way....

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bot's ,congrats !!! We don't have quart hutch's out here, wish we did !!!!

southern maine diver

Feb 24, 2007
South Berwick, Maine
Hey Jim...
I was reading your new post the other night and when I saw the Paterson jug, it reminded me that my sister has one with nearly identical writing, but it says "E.J. Garrison .
Paterson, NJ" It's a one gallon jug, handle intact but it has a hairline crack in it. Any ideas about it? I think my mom got it from her mother and father who operated a fruit/vegetable store on North Main St, Paterson back in the 50's/60's. I'll try to get a photo of it.:icon_scratch:
Wayne

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Elbert J. Garrison was at 194 East 31st St. but is only listed in the directory for 1896 as a Soda & Mineral Water seller, but he was in business longer I believe, more research is needed.

Garrison has some nice jugs, I have 4 or 5 including 3 doudle handled jugs, 2 are script jugs and the other is ink stamped. The one pictured below with both handles and original wooden spout is the centerpiece jug in my entire collection. The other script jug says Garrison's "Sweet Apple Cider" and has a broken handle that will be repaired, here they are...

Attachments

• display jugs3.jpg
    display jugs3.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Stoneware Garrison.jpg
    Stoneware Garrison.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 82
  • display jugs (2).jpg
    display jugs (2).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

southern maine diver

Feb 24, 2007
South Berwick, Maine
Hi Jim...

My sister E-mailed me a photo of it, now if I can only figure out how to upload it here, I'll send it to you.:icon_scratch: Maybe I could just resend the E-mail to you. Let me check to see if I have an E-mail address for you.
Wayne

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread