SaTurday Dig Final

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been back to my privy for 2 weeks. In the meantime, our area has received over 5 inches of rain. I've been worrying if my hole would get filled in by the rain/dirt. As i approached the privy this morning my worst fears had come true. Approximately 4' of my 12' ladder was visible in the hole. It had collapsed and nearly filled itself in. I tried to get down in it but my legs sank up to my knees. It was useless. I did see something shiny in one corner and wiping the mud off i realized it was a sample size Dr Thatcher's Liver and Blood Syrup. It will display well with the large size i found last year. I'm sure there were some bottles still down there that were hiding in sides but they will have to remain. Shoveling mud is just not fun. I finished filling in the hole and will start searching for another. Below are pics of the sample bottle.

image-2326841618.png

image-551301990.png

image-1589088458.png

image-2369609497.png

The sample size along with the large one i found last year. Happy hunting to all

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweeeeet sample , nice to have the bigger one with it. Congrats !!! ground is still froze in my stompin grounds,,,soon though 8-)

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey bass that little sample bottle is awesome and i really it's big brother.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man-o-man, that's a pity and a shame about your pit. You last rescue is great, though- and really nice to have the large size to go with it! Did you find the big one in that same pit? I hope you find another spot to dig as excellent as this was. I don't dig (though I'd love to- with help--skilled help), but would a tripod and pully to dredge the muck out be out of the question-- knowing you already filled it in. Just wondering. Thanks for the 'curtain call' show! Yakker

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yakker,if i had the help yesterday i would probably have dug it out again. I think for the most part it was that the privy was located less than 50 feet from a well-traveled blacktop road, and i tried to keep everything on the "low down" because i didn't want someone else to come in there when i wasn't around. I don't really think there would have been more than 5 bottles left at most. I was ready to be done with this pit simply due to playing a cat and mouse game with passerby's. As i was leaving, i probed a few feet away from this spot and felt some more brick. I may be returning soon to check it out

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
you know dam well that if you hit a dry patch...that hole will be nagging in the back of your mind..."I'm sure there were some bottles still down there that were hiding in sides..." ha! I am predicting about, say, August or so....

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, i know and you are right. Thats funny unclemac. You know me too well. Don't think for 1 minute i wouldn't go back if i can't find another pit

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I definitely know what you mean about being close to a road and people driving by. I always duck. Too bad.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
when i run into folks hunting anywhere I must admit I send them the other way. Especially folks with detectors. It isn't that I am against the use of them....just not where I hunt....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread