bottle dog strike again

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So I live in Western Washington and when I tell you that by the 6[SUP]th[/SUP] of March this year we had already exceeded the average rainfall for the entire month…that is saying a mouthful. Not mind you, that I mind it, no, not at all…born and raised here, so too much sun makes me twitchy. Don’t own an umbrella neither, never have…too be honest, I would be more likely to use it to keep the sun off me than the rain. Be that as it may, I do appreciate a nice spring day as much as you poor misbegotten Great Lakers do after the winter you just had. And boy howdy, last weekend came out of nowhere. Down to the beach we went, the weather was glorious blue sky and patchy white clouds, temperature in the mid 60’s…jeans and flannel, no need for a coat…and nobody on the beach for five miles!

Well I recently got bottle dog a muzzle. I got tired of her eating my woodwork and digging up my carpeting…but when she started in on my leather chair I went after her faster than a school girl in the back seat of a Ford. Now if you had told me that a simple thing like a muzzle would turn the puppy from hell into a well mannered affectionate young lady, I would have called you a liar and insulted you mother…but danged if it didn’t change her in a blink of an eye. And I thought I knew a thing or two about dogs too, go figure.

So since she was behaving all lady like and all I decided to favor her with some attention and take her for a walk on the beach. Of course if you remember last time…she found me three bottles, which was unheard of for my bottle spot…so in the back of my mind I am thinking, “let’s just see if this is for real or just dumb luck.” So she takes me straight a way down the beach and over to my spot which must smell extra good (nasty) to her and there with just a corner sticking out is the funniest dang bottle I have ever seen. You old pros will know right away it is a peppersauce…and this one says “patented Feb 74 ERD and co. on the bottom”. Two feet over from it is a dandy aqua ink, no markings but very sturdy. All right! I am thinking two more! …but she wasn’t done…she drags me over about 30 feet to a spot I have never found a bottle at and BAM two more bottles! One is a real nice aqua with the cork still in it, no markings but looks to be a three piece that was rolled in the mold (if that was a style). The other is a nice large undamaged whiskey, looks to be a quart, embossed with “Foster and McIntosh, Pendleton Oregon and South Bend Washington”.

So there you have it, bottle dog’s new record from the bottle spot, four in one day…and I’m going back next week too!!! With my dog.

Attachments

• DSC06038.JPG
    DSC06038.JPG
    336.4 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC06041.JPG
    DSC06041.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC06049.JPG
    DSC06049.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC06052.JPG
    DSC06052.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC06050.JPG
    DSC06050.JPG
    335.2 KB · Views: 75

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds Unclemac, and bottledog. Me likey the pepper sauce. The aqua slick looks to be a beer. Is the whisky a local bottler? Have searched the history for this establishment? Any markings on the bottom of the ink? Thats a bice one ad well. All good finds and a great assortment. Give the dog a special treat tonight please.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score that pepper sauce is awesome that slick you found looks really whittled. I would love to see that thing with some sunlight behind it.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Awesome score that pepper sauce is awesome that slick you found looks really whittled. I would love to see that thing with some sunlight behind it.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

i am thinking the peppersauce is from what is know today as Durkee foods...the slick is up on a shelf in the middle of a window...it does look nice indeed.

Durkee® Homepage

1850 Eugene Durkee Founded Durkee Spices in Buffalo, New York

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Very nice finds Unclemac, and bottledog. Me likey the pepper sauce. The aqua slick looks to be a beer. Is the whisky a local bottler? Have searched the history for this establishment? Any markings on the bottom of the ink? Thats a bice one ad well. All good finds and a great assortment. Give the dog a special treat tonight please.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

i poked around a bit on the whisky..."Foster and Mcintosh, Pendleton, Oregon and south bend, Washington" ...didn't find anything, South Bend is local...got pulled over just a day ago there as a matter of fact...headlight out....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread