Anyone from Connecticut?

DanTheNewbie

Apr 19, 2012
Central connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be cool to team up with some people from the area. I found a very large area that has about 10 cellar holes and lots of small sectioned of rock wall areas out in the woods.. Someone from the area told me it was an old stage coach stop and with tavern and store back in the late 1700s..

I went there by myself once and I couldn't find anything
1.) I'm a newbie when it comes to knowing where to dig for bottles
2.) The place is huuuuge.

Also not sure of the legality of digging here but if you're down I'm down haha its.middle of nowhere CT. In the woods.

I think a team of people out there would be better even if I didn't find something I just have a feeling theres alot out there that hasn't been found. And be cool to learn from people with more experience.

Or if anyone wants to trade locations I want to know of more town dumps or areas I could check in CT for bottles..

I have this 1700's location and a park that produced a 1788 mass colonial cent (if you metal detect too lol)

I have a few other cool areas as well some I haven't even checked out yet..

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where about in ct are you from? I'm from litchfeild county. Just be careful with who you share your locations with there are people that will poach your spots. It happened to me a few months ago some one poached my honey hole.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

OP
OP
DanTheNewbie

DanTheNewbie

Apr 19, 2012
Central connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where about in ct are you from? I'm from litchfeild county. Just be careful with who you share your locations with there are people that will poach your spots. It happened to me a few months ago some one poached my honey hole.

I'm live in collinsville, yes I know to be careful. Theres so many places in CT that I'm not worried.. I know places from the shore to almost mass. But there's one spot I'm not giving up unless someone puts me on a genuine ollld dump haha

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No way I'm from Winchester just a hop and a skip away. By any chance have you looked around the collinsville ax co I found shards on the riverbank by the big stone building out back but would probably get arrested for digging there.

OP
OP
DanTheNewbie

DanTheNewbie

Apr 19, 2012
Central connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No way I'm from Winchester just a hop and a skip away. By any chance have you looked around the collinsville ax co I found shards on the riverbank by the big stone building out back but would probably get arrested for digging there.

I have been too nervous to check there.. Although the urge is strong.. I found a bottle dump that has a cellar hole on it within a half mile from the ax company, but someone dug it up so nasty and I'm afraid to dig cause if I get caught they'll think I did it haha

southern maine diver

Feb 24, 2007
South Berwick, Maine
Hey, I'm not from Conn, but if there is a river, lake, pond, stream... I'm in! :laughing7: I'm going down to West Haven on 6/16 for surgery, but I might have a day or two here and there to make a quick road trip.:headbang: Keep me in mind.
Wayne

OP
OP
DanTheNewbie

DanTheNewbie

Apr 19, 2012
Central connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I'm not from Conn, but if there is a river, lake, pond, stream... I'm in! :laughing7: I'm going down to West Haven on 6/16 for surgery, but I might have a day or two here and there to make a quick road trip.:headbang: Keep me in mind.
Wayne

I might be around the 16thish I have to work Laconia so I might not be back in CT till 18th I have to check

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
digging for glass is always messy but when im done with the site i fill it back in so that no one could complain plus the way i see it we,re helping the enviroment lol. its tempting to try to dig at the axe factory but with the bike trail running through there and people being as paranoid as they are that place would most likly be a no no.

OP
OP
DanTheNewbie

DanTheNewbie

Apr 19, 2012
Central connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually have a creative method of finding old dumps ...it just came to me the other day and tried it and I'm finding general locations and exact locations of town dumps from all over CT. Early 1800's to 1910- I won't share the method bit once I start discovering the locations I'll share them will all the Connecticut people.. I wanted to go check a spot this weekend but I have a horrible posiom ivy rash on arm and face I always notice poison ivy, so maybe it was sumac not as familiar with it but its bad and it sucks haha..

And also I'm gone 7 months out of the year so if I can help other people out I be just as excited seeing other people find stuff since I can't get out there.. And I don't really collect anything everything I found I've sold or given away i just like finding stuff and seeing other people find things haha I'm weird

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to live in CT. Does that count? ;) My first thoughts about town dumps are that they need to be down wind of town... Around here, - and probably a lot of places where there were rivers, people just chucked everything over the bank because, you know... water cleans up trash... And to make it worse, where they didn't dump it into the rivers, they dumped it in what is now state land- and to make parking lots for the hunters and wildlife enthusiasts, they plowed the dumps out- so they're spread like 1-2 feet max. Then you hit the water- because water is everywhere around here whether you see it or not.

ANYway, good luck w/ your theory. Let us know how it goes! Yak

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread