epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Not a big deal to collectors that aren't focused on locals, but it's always nice when UNKNOWN names pop up, keeps the juices flowing and makes you get out of bed on a Saturday to check out the garage sale down the street.
The best one is the Messmer & Schmidlin amber crown top, I show Messmer in business alone for 1906-07 and then nothing after that, but Schmidlin isn't found anywhere. The address for Messmer had been a saloon for many years and was also used by another Paterson bottler starting in 1908, the year after Messmer went out of business.
The Haiman Levin hutch is only the second one ever unearthed, the Kamerling is the first and only known crown top for the company, odd 8 oz. size, happy digging...

Kamerling aqua crown 8oz.jpg
Levin clear pint hutch.jpg
Messmer & Schmidlin amber crown.jpg

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right, Jim. It is a big deal when a previously unheard of local pops up anywhere. Nice gets!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice additions Jim.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

TxThunter

Jul 29, 2012
Midlothian, Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's 5900/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see an Emil Schmidlin on the njbottles site, but site is not letting me access it.

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I see an Emil Schmidlin on the njbottles site, but site is not letting me access it.
That might actually be a post I made, but like you I can't get onto the forum either.... I don't have him listed in my bottlers or liquor dealers for some reason

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Just realized I have a Schmidlin, he was bottling in the area known as Albion Place, which is a section right on the Paterson/Clifton border right below Lambert Castle. I don't have him listed because of the lack of an actual address, there are 4 or 5 Albion Place bottlers, thanks to you catching my error they will all be listed now.

Schmidlin aqua blob top.JPG

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some beautiful glass !!!! We are always looking for the unlisted ! Congrats

TxThunter

Jul 29, 2012
Midlothian, Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's 5900/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime. Internet research sure has made the hobby easier to find out brain teasers. Word of mouth, magazines, and libraries use to be the only way. Keep up the great work, and if you ever publish a reference guide, I will definitely buy one. botldgr03, truedigr, & TxTHunter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread