Some cool bottle finds

cuddles17981

Oct 3, 2005
Schuylkill County,PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett 250, Bounty Hunter
Found these behind a family members newly purchased property.. 8)some are really tiny.. Found 2 ink bottles. Found a Guers Milk Bottle(local) .. A few stove polish bottles. Bay Rum. Hair tonic.. Wild Root.. Hires Household Extract. Tar or coal lump..looked pretty cool so I kept it.. Alot of the bottles just have numbers or raised designs ,haven't identified them yet.. Candle holder,part of rusted metal toy car,2 old light bulbs,marble,broach,not a bad day..

Attachments

• Assortedfinds.JPG
    Assortedfinds.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 522
  • guersmilk2.JPG
    guersmilk2.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 493
  • Guersmilk.JPG
    Guersmilk.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 496
  • jar.JPG
    jar.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 486
  • lumpyclump.JPG
    lumpyclump.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 508
  • lumpyrock.JPG
    lumpyrock.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 542
  • smallbottles.JPG
    smallbottles.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 524
  • Assortedbottles.JPG
    Assortedbottles.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 521

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
C #'s,

very nice. Instant bottle collection ;D ;)

Never know when or where you may find
something :D

have a good un.................
SHERMANVILLE

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Cool finds....I would be cracking that lump open....saw on Antique show where a guy found a belt buckle inside a crusty lump like that ......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds !

The lumpy Rock is Railroad Coke.

is it Porus ? & Light ?

Abbey

Aug 15, 2006
Eastern Shore, MD
Detector(s) used
Discovery200
;D Wow! What a collection- from just one 'dig'- wooo-wooo! Go Cuddles! A LOT of the bottles you're pulling look a LOT like the ones I'm pulling up here on the Eastern Shore (Maryland)-- and oddly enough, I picked up the sister to your tiny blue (perfume sample?)- I call it an ampule. It's got a little screw-top neck, right? I can't believe it! I know it's not a huge thing- being pretty new, but still... I never found one which couldn't stand upright, so I thought it was cool. The others are what I call pantry. Stuff from the kitchen and bathroom. I used to be thrilled every time I found a bottle w/o a screw-top. Now I've found so many of them that I descriminate (I had to- I was running out of room and cluttering the place up!!!). I only choose newer bottles w/ interesting shape or color, middle-aged and older ones w/ raised lettering, interesting shape/color. Then there are the super-rare pontiled bottles- which just make me faint dead away :o !! Used to think I'd have time to be crafty w/ all my 'littles'....ha ha ha. Right... That milk - with the red pyro lettering is great! Be careful w/ the lettering, though. It'll come off if you look at it wrong! (I'd just wash out the inside and let it be). They've got some value- especially w/ slogans and phrases like that! Good job! :D

OP
OP
cuddles17981

cuddles17981

Oct 3, 2005
Schuylkill County,PA
Detector(s) used
Abbey said:
;D Wow! What a collection- from just one 'dig'- wooo-wooo! Go Cuddles! A LOT of the bottles you're pulling look a LOT like the ones I'm pulling up here on the Eastern Shore (Maryland)-- and oddly enough, I picked up the sister to your tiny blue (perfume sample?)- I call it an ampule. It's got a little screw-top neck, right? I can't believe it! I know it's not a huge thing- being pretty new, but still... I never found one which couldn't stand upright, so I thought it was cool. The others are what I call pantry. Stuff from the kitchen and bathroom. I used to be thrilled every time I found a bottle w/o a screw-top. Now I've found so many of them that I descriminate (I had to- I was running out of room and cluttering the place up!!!). I only choose newer bottles w/ interesting shape or color, middle-aged and older ones w/ raised lettering, interesting shape/color. Then there are the super-rare pontiled bottles- which just make me faint dead away :o !! Used to think I'd have time to be crafty w/ all my 'littles'....ha ha ha. Right... That milk - with the red pyro lettering is great! Be careful w/ the lettering, though. It'll come off if you look at it wrong! (I'd just wash out the inside and let it be). They've got some value- especially w/ slogans and phrases like that! Good job! :D
That is cool.. It is a screw top neck.. doesnt stand up though.. I found a few tiny little ,what looks like milk bottles.. I was thinking maybe they were toys.. I keep telling myself" colored glass,thats all your keeping" Im starting to develope some clutter..lol

Cool finds....I would be cracking that lump open....saw on Antique show where a guy found a belt buckle inside a crusty lump like that ......
I actually thought about doing that.. In one of the bottles was a bunch of coal dirt and clumps and when I was done liquifying the coal dirt to get it all out of the bottle the cork to the bottle was inside.. I thought it was neat..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cuddles17981 said:
jeff of pa said:
Nice finds !

The lumpy Rock is Railroad Coke.

is it Porus ? & Light ?
Thanks.. Its as heavy as a paper weight..

COOL !

I still say Railroad coke from a train.
Most I'v seen are Round balls about the size of a Marble.
Sometimes it feels so light you would think it would float
but it dosn't

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, you got a good site there with the Flat Medicine Bottles.
any Locals ?

Watch for them "BITTERS" $$$$$

OP
OP
cuddles17981

cuddles17981

Oct 3, 2005
Schuylkill County,PA
Detector(s) used
jeff of pa said:
any Locals ?

When you come down off the mountain(your way)instead of going straight into town you make the make the right turn onto laurel ..There are houses way up in the back ,their is a field full of bottles. Some bottles I found obviously were back the railroad bed in town. They are everywhere. Unfortunatly, looks like people still throw there dump around..its a mess at some spots.. Did you ever see the huge pipe you can walk thru that suppose to go thru town?

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Nice glass Cuddles.How bad off is the car?....as you can see, I am particular to rusty toys...Joehttp://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,56664.msg400407.html#msg400407

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cuddles17981 said:
jeff of pa said:
any Locals ?

When you come down off the mountain(your way)instead of going straight into town you make the make the right turn onto laurel ..There are houses way up in the back ,their is a field full of bottles. Some bottles I found obviously were back the railroad bed in town. They are everywhere. Unfortunatly, looks like people still throw there dump around..its a mess at some spots.. Did you ever see the huge pipe you can walk thru that suppose to go thru town?

No I havn't seen the Pipe.
Is in in the Creek Between Richmond SCREW & The Red Light ?

I'm going to do a Tax site Search of the area your Speaking of for House
Ages.
I'll Post the results

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maby this area ?

The houses in the back appear to be mostly new.

So I can't use them to Date the Dump

Attachments

• ET005032.jpg
    ET005032.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 431
  • schuylkill_outside_SCHESRI222402400414808.jpg
    schuylkill_outside_SCHESRI222402400414808.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 456
OP
OP
cuddles17981

cuddles17981

Oct 3, 2005
Schuylkill County,PA
Detector(s) used
Im not sure where it all goes,but I know where there is an entry.. Its over at the other side of town,where the dentist office is.. (the old pharmacy)back that railroad bed.. for the parcel,try Reightler. Thanks alot Jeff. :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like you may be back where this town was.
in its dumps.

Attachments

• indexBLACKWOOD.jpg
    indexBLACKWOOD.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 425

bongo1962

Feb 4, 2007
Buick City
The little blue one that won't stand up, originally had a lid with hole for hanging. Dance Hall Days, the ladies hung lots of stuff from thier necks. Bongo

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure if I am on the right track, but where the red arrow points looks like a loop.... Is this not maybe lead fishing sinkers that are stuck together with tar or something? That looks like a ball with a loop.

Coal1.jpg

God bless
Peter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions