Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
A few from Jim's Test Hole river dig...

Stopped by Jim today to pick up a 1/2 pint flask from A.L. Schwarz and a different variant from Pfannebecker that I was recently informed about. I prefer dealing with Jim as opposed to buying off Ebay, he has added several bottles to my collection, he's a good man....

Got an email from Ron Fowler over at hutchbook.com asking if I was aware of another small hutch with some differences from the one I had already documented on hutchbook, turns out a friend of his who collects Pittsburgh hutches found one where the A in Pfannebecker was offset leaning toward the left instead of straight up and down. I checked the pics of the one being sold on Ebay but forgot to bid on it and lost out on getting one.

It turns out the left leaning A isn't the only difference, the diamond slugplate is shorter on the new variant by 3/8" and the P in the center is right on top of "TRADE MARK", as well as a different P on the base. It turns out this is the same exact slugplate used for a Baltimore loop seal blob I own, so the new variants keep on coming, we may reach 200 hutches from Paterson someday.

I was very happy to see Jim's recent post, turns out he found a 1/2 pint Schwarz strapside in the "script only" style which I went and picked up from him today. It's clear, unlike the pint and quart I have, which are both aqua. It makes me wonder if there are clear pints & quarts as well as an aqua 1/2 pint?

Gotta give it a scrub but I'm very happy to have it take it's place at the end of the line...

4029033823.JPG

4029033827a.jpg

4029033821.JPG

4029033819.JPG

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you and Jim work out a deal. Nice comparison on the differences of your hutches. Makes you wonder just how many molds were used back in the day. Some of the bottles we have that we think are one of a kind may have other mold variations. 😊

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread