Pottery by Ellyn - anybody know who Ellyn is/was?

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the Goodwill store and poked around in the housewares area and found this small bowl, paid $1.00 for it thinking I like anything hand made and love it even more if there are herb designs. After I got home thought I would Google it and was surprised to see whoever Ellyn is had made more with different plants on them and they were selling for a lot higher than $1. The only info I found was on one that was up for sale was a slip of paper with it saying this: "This primitive handmade pottery is molded over stones. Each piece is a one of a kind and the designs are made from real leaves and flowers native to the mountains, fields and forests of the United States of America." Does anyone know the story about Ellyn, where it's made and is it vintage or whatever? Thanks in advance!

WP_20150114_003.jpg WP_20150114_006.jpg

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't know for sure but you might try Salt Water Marsh Pottery

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackaydon that's where I found the info about how it's made and thanks for looking for me. I'm really curious about Ellyn and the age of the pottery,

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well being a potter myself , I'd say she is a contemporary studio potter or a student in some art class. she's obviously a hand builder as we say in the tread .

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
yes...looks like those are actual sprigs of rosemary that were slab rolled into the clay with a wax paper overlay and then formed into a bowl.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread