jeffinmich

Greenie
Feb 19, 2015
SE MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came to this site to get some info and opinions on my soon to be first metal detector. Then I happened to find this bottles and glass section. Being a bottle collector since the 1960s, I'm enjoying reading all the posts here and seeing the great finds! Back in the late 60s early 70s I used to get together with my BIL and we'd drive the backroads, looking for small old dumps and overgrown areas where people used to throw their trash. Most of our finds were common bottles from the late 1800s to the 1930s or so, but occasionally we'd find a nice scarcer bottle. Those were some enjoyable and memorable times. My BIL is deceased, but I'll always remember our backroad trips. Reading about and seeing the finds in this forum helps bring back those memories, and hopefully I'll be able to add my own finds when I get my detector and can get back out on the hunt. Great forum, and thanks for having me!

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm new here, too. Love the stories that people share along with their pictures. It's a great forum!

-Skippy

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff and Skippy, welcome to the site.

Dig'em

Jan 24, 2015
Joshua Tree, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome Jeff, I hope to see some of your finds. As a glass artist finding old glass is a real treat. Happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread