Small bottle found in a creek need help to identify

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this bottle in my creek in the Western NC Piedmont while I was hunting for Native American artifacts and would love to know all there is to know about it just for curiosity's sake. It's 4 1/2" tall and at the widest area on the bottom is 2". I researched it last night and was able to at least identify the maker, at least I think so and could very well be wrong lol and it is Knox Bottle Glass Company in Jackson, Mississippi dating between 1932-1952. I would love to know if that is correct and what the numbers 58-D represent. Also, the opening at the top is very small like on an old baby oil bottle. Thanks for looking and any and all help is appreciated.
WP_20150425_001.jpg WP_20150425_008.jpg WP_20150425_010.jpg
WP_20150425_012.jpg

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're probably right, something along cosmetic lines.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're probably right, something along cosmetic lines.

Yes, some kind of oil or tonic like hair tonic. On one side it is flat all the way down for a label the other side halfway for a smaller label. I feel like I know the former folks who lived here lol. I do know they used clorox, lysol, texsize, bromo seltzer, vicks vapor drops, bayer aspirin, etc. I've found whole nail polish bottles and other tiny bottles, pretty porcelain, and the old canning jar glass seals.

Thank you for the comment.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your bottle has an interesting & unusual shape Peaches....never seen one shaped like that. Hope someone is able to pinpoint exactly what it is for you, good luck!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen these before, but can't quite place it yet. I used to dig around in old lost farm bottle dumps when squirrel hunting, and also spent my lawn mowing money on 22 shells shooting bottles Saturday mornings at the dump. I'd guess the total bottles I've shot up is in the tens of thousands.

I have a request in to the upstairs attic for more recall, and I hope it will be successful.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen these before, but can't quite place it yet. I used to dig around in old lost farm bottle dumps when squirrel hunting, and also spent my lawn mowing money on 22 shells shooting bottles Saturday mornings at the dump. I'd guess the total bottles I've shot up is in the tens of thousands.

I have a request in to the upstairs attic for more recall, and I hope it will be successful.

After a spell of thinking about it, I'm almost sure that I've never seen a label on one. I can remember it in my hand, but it's without one.

Sorry, NC

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe this to be a balm. I saw a bottle someone posted in Britain with the same shape and it still had a balm label

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread