More bottles! : > and a porcelain sign!

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grabbed the wine bottle because I think it may be desirable(?) because of the hollow bottom, no embossing.

The label on the [gin?] bottle was a little better before I washed the bottle. What I could make out was GH & L(-) or CH & L(-). Not much to go on but I am sure I'll find out what it used to say. I love the aqua color!

Not sure how I should get the barnacle off of the sign, any tips?

OP
OP
bullgill

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the barnacle off! and gave it a cleaning with soap and water.

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig in a dump with the same stuff in it . am glad to find a place to dig , but it is a little boring to find the same bottles every time . if It isn't for the odd soda or milk I wouldn't bother. older dump or privy's have more variety .

OP
OP
bullgill

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was too bad about the stroup's bottle, came up with not a scratch. I killed it with the shovel though :censored:

The metcalf bottle has a few scratches but should sell for $15, I will wait till I have all the sizes and sell all at once that way I do not have to wait for each one to sell. I knew I was bound to run into a porcelain sign but I figured it would be something lame with my luck. I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled it out.

I forgot to mention, I found a 1928 silver dime as well.

@sunrunner I do not have a probe or a digging partner at the moment but I know a guy who runs a shop, he may be interested in partnering on some privy digs. He enjoys bottle digging and bottle collecting so he may be game. The dump I am digging has older stuff in it just gotta dig in the rite spot. Yesterday I dug around 10 feet down and still did not reach the bottom. I do want to find a place that is as easy to dig but has older stuff, locating something ideal will happen I just have to be patient and keep looking. I mushroom hunt for rare fungus and take pictures of them, I know how hard it can be to find what you are looking for but if you keep trying you will find it. Funny thing is that the two rarest mushrooms I ever found I found by accident when I was not actively searching.

Last edited:

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the tobacco sign 1915 or 1920 date just hang up the good side on the wall,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread