A blob top?

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been calling these blob tops. This is one I dug yesterday in Utica, ny. It was my first time going there. It's an EXTREMELY deep and dangerous one to dig. We found an "abandoned" pit that showed good top layers. My digging partner got a nice ginger beer from the side wall within the first 30 minutes of being there. (Sorry no pic). We dug overburden for a long time but never found the bottom and the wall was a dangerous angle so after we were both somewhat exhausted we began to go into the walls... There was tons of broken whites Utica pottery there with deers on them but we didn't get very lucky. I found this (correct me if I'm wrong) blob top. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432574846.178517.jpg other stuff i took home was an old Moses Atwood jaundice bitters..(still soaking). A silly "My wife's salad dressing". (Clear). A marble... Afterwords we were walking back and explored around the RR tracks a little bit and found 10 light green Aqua insulators which were still screwed into the poles. Sorry for the lack of pictures. I will add them later when everything is cleaned. The insulators are embossed "Hemingray-19". Made in U.S.A. Thanks for looking. GP

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for clearing that up. I know there's another style of blobs that are older soda/beer types of pontil era blobs..they actually look more blobby on top. I know this is a "newer style" blob top.

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for clearing that up. I know there's another style of blobs that are older soda/beer types of pontil era blobs..they actually look more blobby on top. I know this is a "newer style" blob top.

To me if it's fat and blobbish....it's a blob, I don't micro analyze the types of blobs...that's too much in the weeds for me..lol

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the jaundice bitters (I know it's common but the only one I had was a machine era formerly made by Moses Atwood). ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432585847.578548.jpg and one of the 5 insulators that I took. (They are all the same) ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432585945.879193.jpg its very light green. (Hemingray-19)

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, that's why there all busted eh?!

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't leave them behind because I guess I'm just kinda a maverick hoarder type collector! If it's collectable I have to get it. The result is that the walls are shrinking.. I'm thinking of getting a small table at the bottle show that's coming in June. I need to make some space for sure!

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A side note on that jaundice bitters: why couldn't it be yellow Amber version? (Just looked in my book that one goes for 1500 bucks!)

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread