By Mennen!

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the bottle forum is a little slow right now I thought I would share an interesting find I got a few months ago... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434764016.303613.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1434764033.050894.jpg This is a G. Mennen Pharmacist bottle from Newark, NJ. I found this in upstate NY. From doing a little research I found out G. Mennen was a pharmacist in the 1800s. He developed an effective corn (foot) powder and grew a nice business! His company went on to make lots of bathroom products still in use today such as Speed Stick deodorant! Most noteworthy was the 3 syllable company jingle, "By Mennen!"

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's a very nice piece of history right there! Great find and thanks for the story!

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a lot of pharmaceutical companies got there start in N j .

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a lot of pharmaceutical companies got there start in N j .

Is that right? It was a while back that I did this research but if I remember right, G. Mennen made a fortune off his powder and his son ended up being the Governor of New Jersey for a while!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread