New Member, will start with collection pictures!

Bellwoodboys

Jul 10, 2015
Belmar
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, my name is Rob and I've been a longtime member of the NJ bottle forum, Antique Bottles.net., and the FMDF. I specialize mostly in NJ blob top beers as well as any bottles from the NJ shore region. I just discovered treasurenet and realized it had a vibrant community of bottle diggers and collectors, and figured I could join in. other then bottles, I own a Minelab Safari and Fisher F2 metal detector which I take out on a semi-regular basis. Best find i've ever had is a 14kt gold and diamond ring, which was found in my first week of detecting!

First off, Ill get some pictures of my bottle collection up.

Some squat sodas. A couple are pontilled while most are smooth based.
17027762576_3ae13575a0_z.jpg

Small bookshelf display
16242740240_2b72afc1a2_z.jpg

My rather new bottle addiction, NJ blob sodas. Still have to put more shelving up for these.
19581786462_c2ea28c93d_z.jpg

Most of my Long Branch NJ blob collection resides on this shelf.
19592996171_2efb44103f_z.jpg

Finally, I try to sell bottles in as many shows as possible in the tri state area, this was my last group.
16249413852_b2fc218367_z.jpg

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's a collection. I was in at at an earlier age. Left all my bottles at Home when I left for the service. My dad sold them. I have hunted around a few 1800s cellar holes a few months ago and did noy find anything older than a brown Clorox bottle. I hope to find some older bottles, especially like the blob tops I used to have. Many had the metal cork holders on them yet.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! welcome aboard---check out my "man cave" post, members posts :thumbsup:

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking good... Ur pricing labels look familiar, do you go to the Bethlehem show? Nice stuff, and WELCOME!! :-) :-)

OP
OP
Bellwoodboys

Bellwoodboys

Jul 10, 2015
Belmar
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Loco Digger- Your on the right track for sure. When I started digging, I couldn't find anything older than a clorox bottle! Those blob tops are definitely inhabiting those cellar holes.

Epack- Nice to know some other fellow NJB members are on here!

Digging440yrs- I will take a look at that post, I'm assuming that post is laden with plenty of bottle eye-candy:thumbsup:

PADirtDigger- I buy at the Bethlehem show, but haven't sold there yet. Hoping to sell there next year.

Kingskid611- Thanks again! I have some other shelves that weren't pictured and am currently on vacation, when I get back I will photograph the rest of the collection.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard! Great collection. I go metal detecting and hit any bottle dump and that is whatI end up doing. Digging bottles! Got some great members here.
Have fun!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Rob.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436614072.393387.jpg

That's a mighty fine group of bottles you have. Glad to have a new member on board and I can't wait to see more of your collection and posts. Happy hunting.

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hay ! glade to see another jersey bottle collector .I was born and raised there , and stared digging way back in 1970. there are or was a lot of places to dig there . I have dug from Trenton to Newark and every were in-between . that rout 35 had a of places to dig .

OP
OP
Bellwoodboys

Bellwoodboys

Jul 10, 2015
Belmar
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TnMountians, Bass, and sunrunner! I've heard all about those route 35 dumps from a digging friend. Lots of rare Long Branch and Red Bank blobs were unearthed before they put all those malls and car dealerships on top of the dumps. The remnants of some of these dumps are still there, although they are extremely hard to get to or extremely difficult to dig.

Cheers!
16380157909_0b6f920536_z.jpg

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
. . .
Kingskid611- Thanks again! I have some other shelves that weren't pictured and am currently on vacation, when I get back I will photograph the rest of the collection.

Welcome to the forum.
I don't collect bottles by numbers, as in "I have 120 inks, but he has 175!" Each antique bottle is an individual treasure with its own story. That is why images of shelves or other groups of old bottles are not very interesting or instructive.
I recommend that you pick out a few of your favorite bottles and post individual images of each bottle along with its story. Two or even three bottles, side by side, showing color or mold variations make interesting images. I'd like to learn more about the blob-top sodas in your area.

inkconetrio.jpg

OP
OP
Bellwoodboys

Bellwoodboys

Jul 10, 2015
Belmar
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Harry!

I distinctively remember your account name from the genesis days of ABN. Glad to know you're still around!
Later tonight I will make a thread with all my unique, special, or historical shore blob tops.

Last edited:

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Welcome to the forum!

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try to find you at the Bethlehem bottle show!
I was just on route 35 a few weeks ago I believe, was busy, so I wasn't looking around much other than the cars around me... amazing how sometimes things get overlooked because of deadlines and lack of caring about anything historical... I once saw a blue script jug be pushed with a bulldozer into a pole and when I could get to the pile and dug for it, it was smashed... Ugh... I don't even want to remember that anymore... Bleh

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
That is one heck of a first post! You have quite the collection, make my small collection of 80 or so 1890's bottles look like a joke.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread