1971 Error Pepsi Bottle help please

angie71

Aug 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a full unopened 1971 pepsi bottle with the ACL printed wrong. rsz_11971erorr_1_-_copy_-_copy.jpg
In terms of value what do you guys think? I haven't found any ACL print error bottles online at all.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Not a lot, it's a $1-5 bottle to begin with, a hardcore Pepsi collector might pay a bit more for the off center ink, but in the end it's just a bottle that slipped out off its paint pin causing the bottle to rotate...

OP
OP
A

angie71

Aug 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, I seen some on the Sold items list on ebay that were not error go from $20 to $100....Full bottles from the 50's through the 60's that is. I guess folks on Ebay set a higher value than you.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
They made tens of millions of this acl Pepsi, the bottle being full should no effect on the value, in fact most collectors prefer empty bottles. Thanks to the internet I can fill and cap hundreds of bottles a day by hand by using a cheap capping tool and 2 liter bottles of the cheapest cola I could buy at the local supermarket if it would increase the value of the bottles I sell by any substantial amount. Again this style acl Pepsi is so common people have trouble giving them away most of the time, as you can see here where an 8 pack of the One Pint variants sold for .99¢, my guess is the buyer wanted the carrying case and not the bottles.

Vintage RARE Pepsi Cola Gallon Pack 8 Pack Pint Bottles Cardboard Carrier NR | eBay

Yes there are times where you will see an anomaly and someone who isn't so bright will pay $20 for one of these, but that's because they are stupid, if they just scrolled further down the Ebay page or checked their local Craigslist they would find people selling them for a dollar or even giving them away just to clear room in their attics or garages....

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is the highest price paid on Ebay recently for a group of bottles with a variant like yours in it, again with a good carrying case, notice there was only 1 bidder. Any acl collector would never pay more than a few bucks for this bottle, this was just some guy/girl who thought it would be cool to have a full 6 pack in a case to stick on a shelf because they loved Pepsi and this was the style they remember from their youth. I wish I could tell you your bottle would bring $375 because the acl pin didn't engage properly and the bottle slipped before the red ink was applied, but I assume you posted it here because you want an expert opinion, I'm giving you just that, I am sorry if the truth isn't what you were hoping to hear. :dontknow:

Pepsi Vintage 1959 1960 1961 Bottles Full with Carton | eBay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread