New to this

moguy

Greenie
Sep 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a whole ditch full of bottles after we dug it out on one of our farms. I gathered up some of the ones I thought looked interesting but there were a lot more.. Are any of these bottles worth keeping?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1441493108.641839.jpg

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have kept the little cobalt blue and the Aqua med (3 in one). You should keep digging it looks like there's some decent age to them. If it looks good it's good. Look for bottles with seams that stop before the lip. This is an indication of age. Start with that. Most bottles with a full Sean all the way through the lip are machine made and thus very common.

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the bottle look about 1910 or 15 . the 3in1 oil is a good example of what Goldenplug is talking about to were the seam stops .blown in the mold .

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You've got a nice little collection so far,keep digging!

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say that you are in the right area to get some good sodas or embossed drug store bottles. Good luck and keep hunting that area.

OP
OP
M

moguy

Greenie
Sep 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as sodas go. In sure the older the better, but are there any that I should specifically be on the look out for.. Like the most sought after soda bottle... Lol?

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't know were you are , but look for local sodas , with the town or bottles name on it . striate side cokes or pepsi .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread