My latest pit

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!

oldmaps

Aug 11, 2010
al , ms , fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari , ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking yellowware bowl , yellowware was made in the u.k. as well as the u.s.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool to see some Awesome old glass on the Scroll.
Great Job.
Davers

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man GP you are doing it up right, those are fantastic finds and all look spectacular,:icon_thumright: congrats. I think you have one hellof a pit there, I hope you can pull allot more of those goodies out of it.
Congrats on making the Banner, not too many bottle finds make it up there.:hello2:
ZDD

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for looking everybody I really enjoy my collection and sharing it with everybody on here. Maybe this spring I will get some more!

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats it's always nice to see glass on the banner there hasn't been any in a long time.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Finally some glass up top! Congrats on the many great finds. Wishing for spring and the new season! jgas

aka da Prof

Jan 18, 2009
Finger Lakes, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom One / Fisher 1280X / Beach Bully sand scoop/ Garret ProPin Pointer/Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have a 'J & IEM, from out of my back yard gorge dump-- pat. date 'Oct 31, 1865'--

Last edited:

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spring can't come sooner! I just got permission to dig the hillside of a very historical local site, I'm hoping to get to it after the snow melts but before the ground thaws all the way so I can dig without cave-ins. It isn't a dump but being a hill that people would sit next to and watch the ships come in and the sun set I'm sure they threw some bottles down the hill and the best part is that it hasn't been developed, it has been a park since 1850 around here that is old! I will have to fill in all my holes for sure though but I don't think anything will be too terribly deep though since it isn't a dump site as far as I know.

Since I'm looking for scattered thrown bottles I plan to use a probe, I figure this is the best way to find scattered bottles. Now that I think about it like that I probably want to wait till the ground is fully thawed so I can use a probe..... Freeking winter go away.

Last edited:

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EDIT: double post, not sure why it keeps doing that!

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you get some good stuff. I deliver mail in a historic area. One of the houses on my route is a large mansion that was built in 1798 by Abraham Ten Broeke. I find myself wondering what kind of relics I might be walking over. It's owned by the historical society now (since 1948). Also a large brick house that was a part of the Underground Railroad from at least 1859. I would dig these places just to see what's there and donate everything if they let me.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful collection of recovered bottles! :occasion14:

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Bottles and Ceramics

here is the compilation of my latest finds from my pit. Surprisingly it only got raided one time. So this is over several digs. View attachment 1247237 the hutches. I found a few that had damage too which I left. They where better of course! View attachment 1247238 a nice Kilmers emerged from a top ash level. Seems like the ash keeps it clean sometimes. A nice pepper sauce bottle and that Amber flask which is actually chipped a little on its base. But oh well! Too nice to leave. View attachment 1247240 . View attachment 1247242 the smaller stuff. I actually found (and kept) 4 of those atwoods jaundice bitters. This one was my favorite because it looks a bit more crude and its embossed on the bottom. ( View attachment 1247244 (I've never seen that before) View attachment 1247245 close up of that great medicine bottle. I brought this home and it had a very small hairline crack on the side. This happens to me when I find bottles with Eagles on them apparently. I'm calling it the eagle curse... View attachment 1247246 bottle in the right says Spirits of Spruce. I like these. I found one last year that said spruce cough balsam (I gave that one to my uncle). View attachment 1247247 Not a Bromo Seltzer! View attachment 1247248 ugh... View attachment 1247249 Wild Cherry Phosphate-Thompsons Pho's Co. Chicago heavily embossed with instructions on one side. View attachment 1247250 Faint faint embossed Dr. Coles catarrh cure View attachment 1247251 . View attachment 1247252 A bowl. I'm told it's old and highly collectable. I don't know about bowls. Thanks kindly for looking and happy holidays.

Nice Digs-- I like dumps hat provide variety such as ceramics--even if I have to rebuild the ceramics.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE TURTLE BOTTLE / IGLOO DESIGN . NICE BOTTLES ALL AROUND .....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread