My latest pit

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is the compilation of my latest finds from my pit. Surprisingly it only got raided one time. So this is over several digs. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450192407.443015.jpg the hutches. I found a few that had damage too which I left. They where better of course! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450192464.920850.jpg a nice Kilmers emerged from a top ash level. Seems like the ash keeps it clean sometimes. A nice pepper sauce bottle and that Amber flask which is actually chipped a little on its base. But oh well! Too nice to leave. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450192569.493535.jpg . ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450192588.470296.jpg the smaller stuff. I actually found (and kept) 4 of those atwoods jaundice bitters. This one was my favorite because it looks a bit more crude and its embossed on the bottom. ( ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450192737.833806.jpg (I've never seen that before) ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450192801.187156.jpg close up of that great medicine bottle. I brought this home and it had a very small hairline crack on the side. This happens to me when I find bottles with Eagles on them apparently. I'm calling it the eagle curse... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450192853.522716.jpg bottle in the right says Spirits of Spruce. I like these. I found one last year that said spruce cough balsam (I gave that one to my uncle). ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450192953.779908.jpg Not a Bromo Seltzer! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450192990.269622.jpg ugh... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450193014.919223.jpg Wild Cherry Phosphate-Thompsons Pho's Co. Chicago heavily embossed with instructions on one side. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450193189.257682.jpg Faint faint embossed Dr. Coles catarrh cure ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450193244.604766.jpg . ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450193262.156556.jpg A bowl. I'm told it's old and highly collectable. I don't know about bowls. Thanks kindly for looking and happy holidays.

Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice area you are digging in. Are you done or is there more there? I have turtle ink just like yours

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its pretty much done I think. But you know how the dumps are. If you just keep digging then eventually you'll hit undug again. Next year I plan to go a little further away because the dumps around me get hit by scavenger diggers A LOT. They come in and not just dig in the pit they cave dangerously inward to the point of almost ruining the chance of going back into it in a day.

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its pretty much done I think. But you know how the dumps are. If you just keep digging then eventually you'll hit undug again. Next year I plan to go a little further away because the dumps around me get hit by scavenger diggers A LOT. They come in and not just dig in the pit they cave dangerously inward to the point of almost ruining the chance of going back into it in a day.

I know how that is. I think certain diggers know my car. So now I end up parking in obscure places so know one can know where I'm digging.

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately that's true. I work 5-6(usually 6) days a week. So most of the time my pit is ripe for the picking. I try to make them work for it though!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds ! The pepper sauce is real sharp, The bowl I think, is yellow ware :occasion14:

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds ! The pepper sauce is real sharp, The bowl I think, is yellow ware :occasion14:

When I input yellow ware bowl into eBay I get bowls just like it. I hesitate to say it's definitely yellow ware though. The reason is that I believe true yellow ware is comprised of yellow clay and a clear glaze is applied. BUT I am not an expert or even close. I posted it onto the appropriate section of treasure net and the "expert" told me it's probably mid 1800s. He said in that condition it's highly collectible. eBay sellers are selling almost identical bowls as yellow ware banded bowls from the 1800s. Truthfully I almost didn't even take it home.

AnthonyCoil

Feb 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Remember though, unless you are digging on your own property....you can't take ownership of a hole you dig. This is why I suggest filling it in when done. Had the same thing happen to "my pit" about a month ago, the person even left their poker outside of the hole which is funny because I know exactly who was digging there! But like I said....when I am not there....any spot my shovel has touched is fair game to anyone else because I do not own any part of the land, and I cannot and do not get mad at others for digging in my previous spots.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Remember though, unless you are digging on your own property....you can't take ownership of a hole you dig. This is why I suggest filling it in when done. Had the same thing happen to "my pit" about a month ago, the person even left their poker outside of the hole which is funny because I know exactly who was digging there! But like I said....when I am not there....any spot my shovel has touched is fair game to anyone else because I do not own any part of the land, and I cannot and do not get mad at others for digging in my previous spots.

Good point. You should not get emotionally attached to any certain spot because you don't own that spot. If it's your friend or family members pit and you know it, you should stay out of it out of respect(IMO). Thanks for looking!

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
Great finds Goldenplug. Don't see many hole raiders in my neck of the woods. I had some local kids exploring one of the dumps I dig, but all they did was take a pile of abm cone inks that I had left behind. Love the hutches.

AnthonyCoil

Feb 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree! BTW love the hutches and that Wild Cherry phosphate bottle. Thanks for sharing.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look's like it was a great dig !!! Congrats !

okerraine

Mar 24, 2009
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Teknetics T2 Minelab equinox 800 CTX Firty Firty
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs man! Bowl looks like Mochaware.

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Nice digs!

I especially like the Wild Cherry Phosphate bottle. Extremely popular stuff at the turn of the 20th C!

DCMatt

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, great bottles you have there! I love the blob top sodas and the pepper sauce one.

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread