Pine tree tar bottle (bought)

OP
OP
bullgill

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed there are some slight variations of this bottle, I am not sure if it is worn down or if the word "Patent" above the tree is very weakly embossed. Also the pine tree embossing is sort of ground down on the base and it looks like that is the way it was originally, whereas some other bottles I've seen in photos have detail at the base of the tree and not just ground down. One other thing of note that I have noticed is that the branches on the tree are slightly different than others.

I was wondering if I know that this bottle would benefit from tumbling would it be worth it? I know most people charge around $30-$40 plus shipping to have it done. It looks near mint with the oil on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bullgill

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just noticed that some say patent and others say trade.

Here are some close ups.

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one , I dug many years ago ,it's a little lighter in color then your and that's about it.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks great just like it is. I'd be thrilled to have it even in its rough state....one that I do not even notice.

OP
OP
bullgill

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'll leave it as it is, it looks fine with oil.

There isn't anything wrong with the inside but is it ok to use acrylic on the inside of other bottles? Could HCI acid be used to remove the acrylic if needed without doing damage?

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
Not familiar with an acrylic treatment. Wishart's is on my wish list. Good pick up.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Love these bottles, 'hope to dig one someday. Until I can build a tumbler I usually just oil the really rough or hazy ones too.

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful bottle I would leave it just the way it is . Oil works good but dust likes to stick to it . But nice score this one of the bottles I dream to dig one day.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one ! I would use dish soap and warm water ,light tooth brush and leave it myself. Should display very nice :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
bullgill

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I would have dug it out of the ground, what a glorious moment that would be. You would hear my cries of excitement two blocks away.

I don't understand why people pay so much for bottles, it is about finding them in the ground yourself. I mean I can see if you find one in an attic or under some floorboards that is exciting as well. But if I were to buy an original Doctor Fisch's bottle at an auction I would resell it. If I dug one I would put it in a bulletproof case and cement it to the foundation of my house and put stage lights on it. :laughing7:

Last edited:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
what camera you using?....really nice pix

OP
OP
bullgill

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sony Cyber Shot, it has decent macro capabilities. It is mostly about having the correct lighting, otherwise it is a piece of junk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread