Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle Borden's Tall Pint Milk Bottle

Hey guys, just came home from a dig (pics will come of the other stuff) but this has me stumped. This is the weirdest milk bottle I've found. Why would anyone make a milk bottle so tall and thin? It says GAIL BORDEN EAGLE BRAND TRADEMARK PROPERTY OF BORDEN'S CONDENSED MILK CO. on the front and BORDEN'S 1 PINT on the back. Anyway I haven't seen one online after a quick search, anyone know anything about them? Thanks! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460159361.305941.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460159380.090252.jpg

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Has me scratching my head, thinking something besides regular milk.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
OK here is my guess, it was meant to hold milk just like the others, but was made the same height as a quart so it could be filled by the same machine as the quart. I bet they didn't last long because they would be very easy to knock over due to their narrow base.....

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK here is my guess, it was meant to hold milk just like the others, but was made the same height as a quart so it could be filled by the same machine as the quart. I bet they didn't last long because they would be very easy to knock over due to their narrow base.....

Just now I found a website that said the same thing, good guess! I would think it would be easy to tip, too.

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice milk bottle. I know that Gail Borden started his eagle brand condensed milk here in burrville CT which is a hamlet of torrington in the mid 1800s. Then it looks like they moved the company to new York.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
early version of a single serve milk container?...like a soda.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread