Is This a Rare Bottle? I Cant Find It Anywhere

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Is This a Rare Bottle? I Can't Find It Anywhere

Hello everyone. I found this bottle and I have never experienced this problem before. It has a company and I still can't identify it. Any help would be great. If you do find anything online please provide a link. Thank you. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462504064.011097.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462504109.538449.jpg
These two pictures show all markings. Any help would be highly appreciated!

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice med, I'd think only a Maine collector would know for sure. There's a smaller variant on Etsy for $12, another on Ebay that didn't sell for $7.47. So an educated guess is it might be rare numbers wise, but not particularly valuable...

From 1906....

"The recent appointment of Frank W Bucknam of Skowhegan, Maine as Commissioner of Pharmacy in that state marks another milestone in the progress of this very successful young man. [He]... was born in Yarmouth, Maine on December 7, 1869... [He] graduated from a business college in Portland [Maine] graduating in the winter of 1890. He entered the drug business as apprentice with L. R. Cook of Yarmouth and received as certificate as registered pharmacist from the Maine commission in 1894. He had a business in Yarmouth until 1900, when he moved to Skowhegan. He did a fine business there until 1904, when his business was wiped out by a fire. The fact that he was doing a business with a new and well selected stock within 36 hours demonstrates his hustling qualities. Today he is located in the handsomest store in Maine, if not New England."

“His store features an imported tile floor, steel walls and ceiling. The wall cases are of solid mahogany with bevel plate glass mirrors and doors. The showcases... are all solid mahogany… and lighted with electric lights. The prescription department is modern in every way... A waiting room with fireplace, easy chairs, writing materials, etc. is a novel feature..."

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
Those local apothecary bottles are nice. They might not have a lot of value but I find that they are easy to barter in their locales. I recently traded a box of local stuff for a pretty nice case gin. Did you dig it?

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Thanks for the information. I was walking toward my bottle spot and about 20 ft away from the spot I found it right on the surface.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice local medicine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread