epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
My newest addition, the top has been reattached but it's a very hard bottle to come by in this color, only the second or third that I know of.

William S. Kinch was born in 1836 in NYC and was married to Jane Kinch, they had 7 children, Edward, Willie. Peter, George, Mary, Jennie and Frank. Kinch was partnered with Richard Walmsley at 113 Main St in Paterson from 1854 thru 1862, they bottled mineral as well as Ale and Porter, there are no known bottles from this partnership. Then in 1862 Kinch is listed at this address by himself still bottling mineral water and beer. In 1876 Kinch moves to 61-63 Prospect St. and runs his operation there until 1887.

In 1882 Richard Warren, who had worked for Kinch for a number of years, becomes his partner and they move the operation down the street to 89-93 Prospect St.. They remained partners until 1898, then in 1899 Kinch is no longer with the company. This bottle also comes in amber, cobalt blue, 7UP green and some odd shades of teal, I am also showing some of the other colors for comparison.

P1010002a.jpg
$$$$kinches.jpg
$RWH3HZR.jpg

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
Those are some great bottles epackage. And your research is the best.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, these are just beautiful, and congratulations! These look like fairly chunky bottles, like they aren't very slender compared to others. How tall are these?

This might be a rare colour but that 7up green always looks so outlandish! 'Couldn't pick a favourite though...

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet. Great post and congratulations on getting this one.

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, these are just beautiful, and congratulations! These look like fairly chunky bottles, like they aren't very slender compared to others. How tall are these?

This might be a rare colour but that 7up green always looks so outlandish! 'Couldn't pick a favourite though...
These are typically considered a "Weiss Beer" form, here is one from another bottler next to a regular pony bottle by the same bottler, it is the only documented one known at this time. I got it from a woman who saw a Craigslist add I posted, her great great grandmother had about a dozen bottles and a few stoneware jugs in the basement, I almost fell out of my chair when she showed it to me...

I'm also showing a group pic of some other "Weiss Beers" with a nice and very rare Swinley out front, and my 3 Tiffany & Allen's. The two outside examples are the same but obviously different colors, while the middle one has a different lip treatment. These are my favorites out of all the Paterson bottles, I just love that fat body on them no matter if they are in a great color or just plain aqua...

Post short blob top.JPG
Paterson Weiss Beers (2).jpg
4029033499.JPG

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, I liked the part where you almost fell out of your chair upon seeing that unknown J.J. Post, 'must have been like seeing a ghost. And you were able to keep your composure enough to acquire it! Awesome.

These are all drop-dead gorgeous.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man o man I really really like those. That is some beautiful glass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread