epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I picked up this great 4 gallon stoneware script jug made for Frank Jani by Fulper Pottery in Flemington N.J., it is the only documented script jug from Clifton that anyone I know is aware of. Jani was a saloon owner, he was located on East Clifton Ave. at one time, 25 Dayton Ave. in Passaic and later on at 58 Highland Ave. in Clifton. He was born in 1878 in Hungary and his family came to America in 1882. He had a wife Mary, sons Frank and Joseph and a daughter named Mary as well.

jani jug.jpg

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
What a monster. Can you imagine trying to pour anything out of that?

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super size me! Nice jug! How much do you think it weighs empty? I'm guessing 25 lbs.

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful script jug. I would love to get my hands on something like that.

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice jug! I just got back from the bottle show in ballston spa, ny. I was talking to a guy there who was selling stoneware jugs like yours. He actually uses them to make dandelion wine. Don't know if I would feel too comfortable drinking fluid out of them but I thought that was pretty cool. Script jugs are awesome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread