bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a find from a creek I checked out at low tide. There wasn't much there that was whole but I did save this top. I believe it to be the upper half of an onion bottle. Any ideas on age and country of origin? A lot of the onions out there are advertised as Dutch, is this one? The top has what seems to me to be a string wrapped around the outside. Love the patina as well. Maybe one day I'll get a whole piece of black glass! Thanks in advance! DSCF0169.JPG DSCF0170.JPG DSCF0171.JPG DSCF0172.JPG DSCF0173.JPG DSCF0174.JPG DSCF0175.JPG DSCF0176.JPG

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find. My Dad told me that when he was a kid in New Haven (I'm talking the 30s here) they would catch minnows (called mummies or chubs in coastal CT) by putting a piece of bread in a bottle with a string tied around the neck and then submerging the bottle and waiting for the baitfish to swim in. I tried it myself in the 60's, works quite well but we always used clear milk bottles.

I wish we knew the history associated with your find.

HH
dts

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I happened across your YouTube video for this dig! I loved seeing all those crabs and that deer in that beautiful tidal landscape. Dude you found some other really neat finds, common or not I thought they were awesome, especially that cow milk embossed on both sides (so awesome how you called that one). Nice work on the videos!

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I happened across your YouTube video for this dig! I loved seeing all those crabs and that deer in that beautiful tidal landscape. Dude you found some other really neat finds, common or not I thought they were awesome, especially that cow milk embossed on both sides (so awesome how you called that one). Nice work on the videos!

Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it! I'll make a post for those bottles soon. And yeah I love the cow milk, it's been one I've been going after for a while. Maybe I'll squeeze in another dig later this week. Would love to find some blown stuff!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread