epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Extremely happy to trade a 5 gallon Paterson jug for this amazing 7 line(Only Known), two town jug, I have never seen or heard of a jug with 7 lines of script until I was shown this jug back in 2015. The guy who had it was going to give it to me if he ever tired of it, if his wife hated it, or if something terrible happened to him. He went as far to mark the bottom with my contact info if he ever passed on. Got lucky by seeing the pic in my archives and contacting him, he was open to a trade for a larger jug for space this jug occupied.

Max Bodenstein was born in Austria in 1854 and came to America with his wife Catherine in 1889, they had two kids, a son Michael and a daughter Netty. They lived in Newark above their saloon/liquor store at the 288 Central Ave. address, they remained in business there until 1919 and prohibition, he was only in Paterson for one year in 1900.This is the only script jug I'm aware with Paterson & Newark of it, it is in my top 5 pieces, and I'm happy to be it's new caretaker....

zzzzboden.jpg

Last edited:

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
Fantastic jug. Glad you were able to add it to your collection.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never seen a 7 liner either. Great score

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread