AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a bottle a picked up recently that I can find absolutely no information about. Either I am horrible at research, or this company did not exist for long. It reads TEXAS BOTTLING CO. FT. WORTH, TEXAS on it with a clover in the middle. On the side near the bottom there are some numbers or letters I can't quite make out, and on the bottom it is marked T.B. Co. What came in this thing? Approximate age? History of the Texas Bottling Company? Thanks in advance for any help! :hello2:

Attachments

• DSCF3001.JPG
    DSCF3001.JPG
    938.9 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCF3002.JPG
    DSCF3002.JPG
    938.7 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCF3003.JPG
    DSCF3003.JPG
    666.7 KB · Views: 173

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can not tell you any thing about the company , but I can tell you the age and stile of the bottle. it's a machine made soda . 1915 to perhaps 1920. that's what 's called a privet mold . not a slug plat. so there was an investment in making the bottles. I would not think there's many out there.

OP
OP
AlienLifeForm

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can not tell you any thing about the company , but I can tell you the age and stile of the bottle. it's a machine made soda . 1915 to perhaps 1920. that's what 's called a privet mold . not a slug plat. so there was an investment in making the bottles. I would not think there's many out there.

Thank you for that, at least I have a general age of it now! It is a neat bottle, I am going to clean it up and display it. I wonder why I am unable to find anything about this company - especially if you say they invested in expensive tooling.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Alfred Frederick Hirsch ran the Texas Bottling & Candy Co. from at least 1912-20....

tex1.jpg

OP
OP
AlienLifeForm

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alfred Frederick Hirsch ran the Texas Bottling & Candy Co. from at least 1912-20....

View attachment 1410360

Thank you! I even contacted a Texas bottle collector about it and he was unable to produce anything at all. Complete with address and all, thanks again.

Edit - Just checked out the address. Building is long gone, appears to be a paid parking lot now.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread