More "Lots of work ahead" finds

jihunter

Jan 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More cool bottles. Lots of cleaning so I am only able to post a few things at a time. All pontiled except for 2. Some cool inks, black glass, sodas, and misc. Best find SUPERIOR SODA WATER with CHAS SHEILD embossed and iron pontil car.

Anyone know anything about the medium height on with London embossed on it. Lip is broken off but curious about it very crudely blown. Also cant find much on DR PM COHEN embossed medicine bottle with open pontil.
Also found a cool ivory toothbrush. Engraved with LONDON EXTRA QUALITY company operated 1820-1829

unnamed (4).jpg unnamed (5).jpg unnamed (6).jpg unnamed (7).jpg unnamed (8).jpg unnamed (9).jpg unnamed (10).jpg

JccEldreth

Feb 8, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Pro Pointer II and I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Wow...:icon_thumright:

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH. MY. GAWD. That soda is... Well I'm just gonna go crawl in a hole now...

BANNER.

OP
OP
J

jihunter

Jan 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, being from Charleston and growing up loving the area and rich history it was certainly a surreal feeling. Literally I was exhausted and walking back and decided to look down one more time and saw the mouth sticking out of the pluff mud. Pulled it out started wiping mud off and felt the embossing. Ran straight to the sink!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Helluva trove you're on. You need to go through every bit of that dirt. The London bottle is a mustard. We need some better pics of the Cohen by itself and what all the embossing on it says. Anything on the back? Here's the best of the bottles known to carry his name. Iron pontiled and embossed "Collier's Remedy" on the back. It was a veterinary medicine for horses.

cohen.jpg

Last edited:

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Can't wait to come visit! :thumbsup:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That superior soda water is fantastic. This is going to be a helluva journey

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Holy smokes those are all killer. Keep em coming. Jgas

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff, keep us posted......and I am still looking for that beautiful soda up top:thumbsup:

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Being down here in the basement of Tnet we don't get a lot of attention and it seems to take an act of god to get something up top. My vote is in, not just for the quality of what has come out of there but also in anticipation of what will be coming out in the future. To me this is a dream hunt and the saying "once in a lifetime" doesn't do it justice.

Keep the posts and pictures coming jihunter, you have us all on the edge of our seats!

Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jihunter, can you ship a couple loads of dirt over to my house and drop them off in my backyard? Lol

OP
OP
J

jihunter

Jan 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks,
Thanks firstly for all the enthusiasm. It has been exciting and I feel very fortunate to have this opportunity. We had some rain so I went out, unfortunately not much "floated to the surface" haha. Pluff mud is a *****. We are slowly separating it and spreading though in anticipation or finally having it wide spread so we can hook up the pump and start spraying to avoid breaking things mechanically separating mud from prize.

Yesterday took a bit more digging and "knees and elbow" work but I came away with a couple gems I think and some other nice ones. Pics will not load in order of descrip but i think you can tell. Also any additional info would be great only putting down what i have gathered.

Also couldn't clean up until evening and couldn't wait to post so lighting is not great, cant wait to hold them in sunlight

FAVS are first 3

1. Clarke & Co New York Saratoga, iron pontil and nice emerald color. Yet to find one with embossing around neck but looks like they were circa 1840-1850 found still corked and full but cork started disintegrating and it was full of debris. My first full find anyhow

2. AP Smith Charelston SC soda, deep cobalt, iron pontil base.

3. 12 sided umbrella ink in a light green, open pontil and crude shape, super cool i think. First 12 side ink for me and I have only seen 2 others in person.

4. Dark Green 1qt bottle bottle with kick up pontil, full of bubbles and sits crooked

5. Large medecine or misc English bottle i think, never found this shape, base looks like a diagonal two part mold that i think is pretty old

There is also an olive green skinny and very thin walled alcohol bottle of some sort. Super deep push back pontil, super crude sheared lip and also sits very crooked

Also a newer cobalt ink and a cool 12 sided open pontil spice bottle that has the opening broke off. I personally cant leave a small nice, multi sided bottle just for missing a lip

Old marble, MORE pipe parts, two implements of some sort that seem to be carved from deer antler and have openings and some sort of round metal piece with intricate engravings on it. Almost looks like a compass lid, gonna give it a swim in electrolysis tomm

12 ink pontil.jpg 12 ink.jpg AP light.jpg AP smith pontil.jpg Clarke empty.jpg Clarke full.jpg clarke pontil.jpg unnamed (1).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (4).jpg unnamed (5).jpg unnamed (6).jpg unnamed (7).jpg unnamed (8).jpg unnamed.jpg unnamed (9).jpg

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are tearing it up. The pontil on the Smith is off the charts. Angry gaffer!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More "Lots of work ahead" finds

This is turning out even better than I thought it would . The cobalt soda is fantastic. I love that deep blue. I'm guessing you guys have only touched the surface of a massive treasure hunt. Let me go make some popcorn and somebody save me a front row seat. Forgot to mention the ink, really nice!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread