for Bass

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Boy howdy I have been busy for the last few months...out here in the land of rain we have had more precipitation since records have been kept (100 years) so what with keeping dry and warm I haven't been hunting so much as going through boxes in the attic. You see my mother in law passed away (about 10 years ago actually) and her husband brought over a truckload (literally a truck-load as in Ford F-150) of boxes of STUFF. She had been an avid collector of well...STUFF and her husband knew that a lot of it had value and didn't want my wife's brothers wives (grasping thieves) to get their greasies on any of it. So already having a barn stuffed full of boxes of STUFF and still to this day fighting off the deer mice in my home attic (can't find their access point to save my life)...I decided to take it down to the beach house and store it there. I have a real-mans attic there...an old school walk in one on the top floor like they used to make in the olden days that misguided folk these days convert into extra bedrooms... Anyway...I schlept these boxes of stuff down there and promptly forgot about them. As I said, that was ten years ago...so finally this winter I started to go through them...man-o-man...sterling silver flatware, old Belleek china, Depression glass and I am just getting started.

But so far the most fun and interesting for me are these nice cut glass bottles...now I really don't know much about them but here are a couple...any info would be appreciated...especially that green one, I do like that one a lot.

Attachments

• DSC01248.JPG
    DSC01248.JPG
    431.7 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC01246.JPG
    DSC01246.JPG
    407 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC01249.JPG
    DSC01249.JPG
    321.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC01253.JPG
    DSC01253.JPG
    451.8 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC01254.JPG
    DSC01254.JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 71

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unclemac, I wish I could help you out with those pcs but I don't know squat about them. I can definitely see why they were collected because they are attractive pieces. I'm betting there is definitely some value there. Can't wait to see what else is there. Maybe Ted Williams' baseball glove or Jim Bowie's knife?

OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
well thank you very much, i do appreciate it...now just what is it? Kind of big for perfume and kind of small for a decanter.

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You didn't say what size it was but Hilliard & Thomason made some pretty good sized cut crystal perfume bottles. They were meant to sit on a ladies dressing table.

Edit:
My better half (she collects perfume bottles) just saw them and said that if they are in good condition she would expect to see a $250 to $300+ price tag on each of your scent bottles retail.

Last edited:
OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
dang....i have a few more to post too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread