Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To much wind and to little visibility to do any bottle diving so into the mangroves and shorline. First couple pokes with my probe and I herd the sickening sound of crunching glass. Ive only broken a couple bottles with the probe ever. I was hopeing that it wasnt anything good, but of coarse it was a beauty. I had been searching for the old gins and black glass for a few days now, and darn if I didnt jam the probe right through one. The rest of the hunt was filled with bahamian criers and disappointment. photo-292.JPG
photo-541.JPG this bottle was paper thin and you can actually see where the probe broke it photo-1.JPG there were many other criers during the day. At least im zeroing in on the older stuff. photo-287.JPG found an old ceramic jug of some sort too. photo-281.JPG photo-279.JPG found some ships spikes and a big anchor too. photo-288.JPG photo-278.JPG time to wipe away the tears and try again today.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it takes a sacrificial poke in the ground in order to find the friends of the victim, so to speak. I would glue that gin back together, and call it a save. What is up with the anchor, is that the one you wrote of in a recent post...waiting for low tide? Very cool....I'd say you got a good little spot there.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you should go to a wooden or fiberglass probe? Sorry about the breaks

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it takes a sacrificial poke in the ground in order to find the friends of the victim, so to speak. I would glue that gin back together, and call it a save. What is up with the anchor, is that the one you wrote of in a recent post...waiting for low tide? Very cool....I'd say you got a good little spot there.

Yup .... thats the one. Might have to get it if I can get it in the boat somehow. Bass your right ill have to try wood or fiberglass. Im happy that im getting into some older stuff !! Live and learn tomorrow's another day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread